Things on the up! :)

jack13

I am on the up at the moment! After a year and a half of feeling stuck, trapped in my old life. Things had just gone wrong, I was on a road I didn't want to be on. I had had gone down the wrong track but now I'm back on the right one. Not sure how long for but hopefully this is the start of things going the way I want them too at last. :)

Guest littlesarah

Glad you're happy, but my experience is that expecting life to turn out the way you want it to is a tad unrealistic and more than a little disappointing. I've found that the trick to being contented in life is to figure out who you are and learning how to deal with the many things that life throws at you that are beyond your control. Figuring out what you want is one thing, but finding something achievable and then achieving it is quite another. So many of my plans haven't worked out the way I'd thought they would -sometimes straight away for the better, but a lot of the time disappointing at first.

Not wishing to bring you down or anything, I'm just reflecting on the experience of life that I've had thus far (almost 38 years of highs, lows and everything in between). I'm very happy at the moment, but I readily admit that the way things are in my life right now is not how I imagined them to be this time last year!

Guest littlesarah

As I said, glad you're happy. I'm just feeling a bit philosophical today :cute: I think that happens when you buy the perfect curtains for your baby's room, only to find they don't quite fit, only to solve that problem. Who'd have thought I'd ever feel so attached to a pair of curtains?! :wacko:

Archived