Help me please!!!

warne750

I am a Chartered Accountant from India having 2.5 years of work experience.

I gave my ielts and scored in band 8.

However after giving my ielts "General Module" I am told by my friend that I need to give "Academic module"

I enquired with institute of Chartered accountants of Australia and they informed me that I need to give Academic module for permanent Residence

In the skill assessment process by immi.gov.au will my General module score be valid?

However after giving my ielts "General Module" I am told by my friend that I need to give "Academic module"

I enquired with institute of Chartered accountants of Australia and they informed me that I need to give Academic module for permanent Residence

In the skill assessment process by immi.gov.au will my General module score be valid?

You need at least 7 in all four bands of the academic IELTS for your accountant skills assessment.

You can use either use the Academic IELTS or the General IELTS you've already taken for the visa application/points purposes.

All the best,

As confirmed you do need the Academic IELTS in order for the ICAA to assess your skills. For points etc then the General one is fine - but you cannot get a skills assessment from ICAA with a General IELTS score. You will need to do the exam again I suspect, but the Academic module.

• 2 months later...

Hi you will need score of Academic IELTS. That is what I have been told by my consultant. I am an Indian Chartered Accountant too with 5 years of relevant experience.

I see that you posted this question in Nov ie. 3 months back. How have you progressed since?

Archived