processing time of WHV?

newbie121

Appoligies if there is already a thread on this! I couldnt find it. Just wondering if anyone has applied for their first WHV recently? plus how long did it take from application?

Also if anyone knows of a thread with this info on can you link it too me?

Thank you very much

Can I be nosey and ask what everyones plans are with their WHV? :wink:

My situation isnt typical...im applying so i can head back to oz to live with my family and partner while i wait for my 309/100 visa to come through. Basically so i can work and save. Whats your plans? How long did yours take?

A 1st WHV with no complications is usually an instant automatic decision.

Balls :-( mine must be complicated then. Probly because im already waiting on a visa. I applied yesterday. Hope i get a yes or no soon so that i can go home! Thanks for the heads up

I applied for mine in the UK and got it back on the same day! :-) Shame the Defacto visa doesnt take the same amount of time to process ;-)

Yesss completly agree!!!!! Im having the worce luck visa wise. Its been almost 48hrs and ive not herd anything! Anyone think that means a no? I wanna go hooooome

Yesss completly agree!!!!! Im having the worce luck visa wise. Its been almost 48hrs and ive not herd anything! Anyone think that means a no? I wanna go hooooome

I wouldn't read anything into it. If you tick certain boxes (like yes to a health question or yes to military service) the system just flags it up as needing a case officer rather than automatically processing it. It then takes a little while because there's human involvement. You should still get a decision or some correspondence within a week.

Soo next week i am off again to see if i can have any luck with a WHV grant! This time im going for a bit longer. N hopfully all goes to plan ha

Last question i promise....

As ive still got 3 months to go before my partner visa comes though. When it finaly does I know i have to go offsore again but do i have to leave stright away? Or can i wait till may? We'd rather go then together.

Thank you :-)

Last question i promise....

As ive still got 3 months to go before my partner visa comes though. When it finaly does I know i have to go offsore again but do i have to leave stright away? Or can i wait till may? We'd rather go then together.

Thank you :-)

You will be given a timeframe to go offshore afaik. They will email you to tell you it's ready to grant etc and to arrange the offshore for 3 working days thing. I don't know if it will extend to months, you could ask your CO when the visa is granted.

Tbh, it's not their job to worry about your travel plans. You are choosing to head to Aus ahead of your visa grant so you need to be prepared to do the offshore thing as and when is how I see it.

if i was in UK i wouldn't have to leave for Oz stright away? Is that different then? I guess i'll have to jump when they say jump!

If you applied offshore and were in the UK when it was granted then no, you would not have to leave for Aus straight away. You usually have about 6 months after grant in which to make first entry into Aus. This is based on your medical and police check being done about 3 months after lodging your application. This is because the validation clock starts ticking from the date of those, whichever you do sooner.

Hi newbie, have they still not made a decision on your WHV or sent you any correspondence? That's quite unusual and warrants a phone call to see what's happening.

Seems like you're aware, but to clarify you must be outside Australia at the time of WHV application and decision.

All the best,

Hey thanks yeah

I stayed a week in NZ and couldnt change me ticket so came home...no visa.

Having the worce luck with it all....tried responding to emailing but no reply. Phone calls just go stright to general enquires.

No worries to be honest it was a risk going anyway. I was gonna go back and try again but some advice on here and i think in my situation im going to give up on it!

Did you apply online? You can see if there's any updates there and have a TRN number which you can use when phoning the dept. There's no reason to give up on it, it likely just something specific you entered on the application holding it up like one of the health or character questions.

Archived