186 agreement stream

traceyd

Hi, need some advice. My nomination came through this week for the ENS186 and being nominated on agreement stream through the NSW Health Labour Agreement as I am a paediatric nurse. The only thing is I cant find any information on whether I need to do the IELTS exam or do a skills assessment. Immigration website just says criteria is with agreement of employer but employer won't tell me anything. I don't want to apply and spend all that money and I get rejected because I haven't done all the right things. I am from the UK and did IELTS for AHPRA registration, am still registered but IELTS has expired. Also, do you do your medicals in advance before making the applicaton? Thanks.

Hi, need some advice. My nomination came through this week for the ENS186 and being nominated on agreement stream through the NSW Health Labour Agreement as I am a paediatric nurse. The only thing is I cant find any information on whether I need to do the IELTS exam or do a skills assessment. Immigration website just says criteria is with agreement of employer but employer won't tell me anything. I don't want to apply and spend all that money and I get rejected because I haven't done all the right things. I am from the UK and did IELTS for AHPRA registration, am still registered but IELTS has expired. Also, do you do your medicals in advance before making the applicaton? Thanks.

Hi Tracey,

Please find the link to download NSW Health Labour Agreement. On the webpage at the bottom you will find the file link to download agreement.

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/policies/ib/2013/IB2013_026.html

We came on my wife's Labour agreement visa (NSW Health sponsored) subclass 120 as it was offshore last year in August 2012.

If you read the agreement you will come to know the requirements. My wife only had AHPRA eligibility letter when we applied for visa in April 2012. But not sure whether there have been changes recently.

I will try to find out more information and will let u know.

......mansawant

Thanks for that. This is the one I downloaded but it is very vague and wishy washy. It talks about not needing IELTS if it was specified for registration and I had it for AHPRA registration. I am still registered but IELTS expired so not sure if I still need it. Also, the only thing I can find is that you need a degree of higher which I have, but mentions 3 years experience and I can't see how that can be assessed without a skills assessment. Things are not sinple

That second link doesn't help, it states that the criteria must be met which is stated in agreement. If it was transition or direct streams, they are easy to understand

The info I found on the second link.

Expand allCollapse all

[h=3]Who could get this visa[/h]You might be able to get this visa if you:

• have been nominated by an approved Australian employer within the six months before you apply

• are under the age of 50 at the time of application, unless you are exempt

• have the required skills and qualifications for the position (at time of application lodgement you must have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for – you must hold any mandatory registration, license or professional membership, or you must already be fully assessed as suitable by the relevant body)

• have the required skills and qualifications for the position

• have appropriate English language skills (at the time of application lodgement), unless you are exempt

• meet health and character requirements

• meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply for the visa.

English language requirement

[h=4]English language requirements[/h]You can show that your English is adequate by providing the following evidence at the time of application:

• achieving the required International English Language Test Score (IELTS) either for the Temporary Residence Transition stream or the Direct Entry stream in a test that has been conducted within three years immediately prior to the date of application lodgement
  • scoring at least ‘B’ in each component of the Occupational English Test (OET) for the Temporary Residence Transition stream or the Direct Entry stream in a test that has been conducted within three years immediately prior to the date of application lodgement
  • holding a passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, the Republic of Ireland or New Zealand.

You might not need to show adequate English language skills if you:

• are to be employed by a religious institution and you were nominated as a minister of religion
  • have nominated earnings at least equivalent to the current Australian Taxation Office top individual income tax rate (currently AUD 180 001), however if you are not able to demonstrate that you have functional English, you will be required to pay the second instalment of the visa application charge
  • are applying through the Temporary Residence Transition stream and:
    • you have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution
    • all of the tuition was delivered in English.

More information on these exemptions is in Classes of Persons (Exempt from the English Criteria).