Melbourne or Adelaide???

Guest Claire5689

Guest Claire5689

I'm new to this site.

Hello to everybody!

I have questions and hope you can help me!

1. For a young working family which part of Oz would be best for us Melbourne or Adelaide.? And can anybody recommend a nice area.?

2. Hubby is a Carpenter/Sheet Metal Worker - which suburbs would be best for this type of work.?

3. We have young children and would be looking for a good school, could we just go to OZ then get them in to a school when we get there.?

Thanks for your help!

Guest Andy Thomas
I'm new to this site.

Hello to everybody!

I have questions and hope you can help me!

1. For a young working family which part of Oz would be best for us Melbourne or Adelaide.? And can anybody recommend a nice area.?

2. Hubby is a Carpenter/Sheet Metal Worker - which suburbs would be best for this type of work.?

3. We have young children and would be looking for a good school, could we just go to OZ then get them in to a school when we get there.?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Claire,

We live on the Mornington Peninsula about an hour south of Melbourne and it's a fantastic place for new families. I am a carpenter by trade and there is plenty of work. Haven't been to Adelaide as people say it is a bit quiet. Have been to most other places and wouldn't swap where we are now for any of them. I wouldn't try and pick a school without seeing it first so wait till you get to where you are going.

Andy

Hi Claire

We are in Mornington about an hour from Melbourne CBD. We have been here nearly a year and love it!! The schools are great (which was very important to us) beaches good and the overall life style is fantastic.

We have been to Adelaide and it was a great place and we had a lovely time while we were there. It is definatly somewhere i would go again, however for us and this is my opinion only it was just a bit too quiet and I felt a bit isolated. However as I said this is my opinion and as much as I loved it I couldnt see myself living there.

We have got friends in Adelaide and they would not live anywhere else, it all comes down to what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

Deb xx

Guest leanneandmark

We are heading to Adelaide, from what we have 'researched' (different than the real thing i know) it looks perfect for young families. Lots going on.

Less people, but its growing, its cheaper to live there, house prices are going up, there seems to be plenty of work. schools look amazing.

We like the idea its quiter, people are heading there so in our opinion get there now could be financially benificial too.

But i think all you can do is research, or if you can visit have a good look at both.

Guest Django
Have been to most other places and would swap where we are now for any of them.

Hmmmm Mornington Peninsula not much cop then???:biglaugh:

I would research both well. Can't help with Melbourne except to say its a big city where as Adelaide is a small one. Quiet????? In what way? Is Melbourne noisy then?:shocked:

Have a gander at Adelaide Bound - making migrating to Adelaide and South Australia easier, Migrate to Adelaide. this will help sounding out Adelaide. As everyone has said its purely a personal choice. Unfortunately for you and me you won't know what it is truely like to live there until we do. I am in touch with some families in Adelaide and they are always doing stuff. I also have a friend in Melbourne who loves it there.

Good luck on on making your choice. Hope its the right one for your family. If its not you could always move. :spinny:

Pete

Guest Andy Thomas
Hmmmm Mornington Peninsula not much cop then???:biglaugh:

Thanks for pointing out my typo error, lucky we can edit our own posts. The Mornington Peninsula is a great place to live.

Andy

Archived