Berwick and Officer this time.... Advice please!

LadyCroft

It now turns out that OH may be moved to Dandenong with his work and they were saying it will be a long journey to get from Doreen to work so they recommended looking in and around Berwick/Ringwood North or anywhere round there.

I like Berwick. I don't know it at all though with respect to renting in an area with a good primary school. I won't have the car during the week so will need to walk to school and have been looking at the Berwick Chase Primary... the houses look nice and are more affordable.

Also, how hard is it to secure a rental in Berwick? Only one of us working but have bank statements and our old mortgage statements to prove we owned our property and how much we paid a month as well as our Aus bank statement to prove we can pay the rent. It wasn't too hard out in Doreen as they didn't have as many applicants for one property but I have heard that in Berwick it is very hard to get a rental. We need to be out of this short term rental in 2 weeks now so are worried...

Any areas around Berwick to avoid? There are some amazing houses at cheap rental prices in surrounding burbs but I know some of these areas are to be avoided... Just, which ones?

Thanks

Berwick, Narre Warren, Cranbourne, are all areas that are close to Dandenong. However the suburbs run into one another and its a very large sprawling area. If you pick the wrong part you could be very isolated without a second car, most people who live in these areas both have cars.

So you would need to look right next to a shopping centre and a school and unfortunately sometimes that is not the case. Public transport is thin on the ground unless you live near to the rail lines.

That said there are many many Brits living in the area who are settled and you will have plenty to contact.

Mornington, Langwarrin, South Frankston, Somerville are all doable for Dandenong.

I worked in Dandenong for 13 years and drove every day.

You could also look at the coastal areas of Chelsea, Edithvale, Aspendale, Carrum very easy drive to Dandenong.

For internet The Chase estate used to be hard and my daughter's friend lived there and at the time they had to wait for a telephone line to become available to get a line.

You could also look at Rowville and Endeavour Hills.

Archived