Rozelle

n1ck

Anyone live/lived in Rozelle in Sydney ? We have had a good look at suburbs and think this or Balmaine may be the best option...

Would be good to know what people think of the area and also what public transport from there into the CBD is like... From the looks of it you are able to get a ferry from Balmaine into circular quay.

Cheers!

Rozelle is good. It used to be Balmain's poor neighbour but it's just as nice nowadays - has a lovely shopping strip, cafes and just a short walk up Darling St to Balmain itself with its long High Street and nice pubs.

As well as the ferry, there are loads of buses that go along Victoria Road to the city.

I lived in Rozelle for 6 months - it's fab! Great to be close to the harbour. Really quick by bus into the city when it isn't peak times. Victoria Rd can be stop-start between about 7:40 and 9 am week days (or occasionally randomly quiet for no discernible reason), but the bus lane into the city is a lot quicker. I heard something about a planned extension for the Light Rail, which may help your commute - I'm not sure. Callan Park in Rozelle is beautiful, owning a small white dog which you can pick up and carry around is compulsory. There's weekend outdoor markets in both Rozelle and Balmain. I think there's some kind of hi spec residential apartments and a bit of an indoor shopping area in the pipe line on the corner of Victoria Rd and Darling St? Locals are quite divided about this - some think development is great, others want to preserve the village type atmosphere. Yes, you can indeed get the ferry from Balmain to Circular Quay. Balmain is quite 'yummy Mummy' - designer buggies everywhere. There's some decent pubs in Rozelle and Balmian, loads of cafés and boutique type shops, and my favourite Japanese restaurant is in Balmain, called Teriyaki Boy (Japanese food of this quality in London would be 3 x the price, I reckon!) Balmain also has the Dawn Fraser pool. If you're in Rozelle, you may be closer to the pool in Drummone (fondly known as Crummy Drummy). House prices are steep in both areas, but Rozelle is cheaper.

Archived