working hours requirement for 887

nep12

Hi all,

1) I was a secondary applicant for 487 visa and i have worked as a fulltime for 9 months in one company in first year , in second year i worked 1 part time and 1 casual job with combining fulltime hours for 3 months . So did i fulfill full time work requirements of 12 months for 887 the way i work. and Am i eligible to apply for 887 visa as a main applicant even i was a secondary applicant for 487?

2) my wife (main applicant for 487) is working as a part time in one company. under that company there is different working sites and she is working more then 40 hours per week.so she is covering fulltime hours. my question is will she be eligible for 887 visa even she is working as a part time but full filling fulltime hours per week working in multiple sites for same company for 12 months.

Help with above questions will be appreciated.

thank you

The main thing to think about is evidence, would it be tricky to prove your full time hours when it is casual? It sounds a bit tricky.

Your wife sounds like a better option, other than you are referring to her 40 hours as part time and I don't understand this. It sounds like full time work?

The main thing to think about is evidence, would it be tricky to prove your full time hours when it is casual? It sounds a bit tricky.

Your wife sounds like a better option, other than you are referring to her 40 hours as part time and I don't understand this. It sounds like full time work?

Hi rupert ,

Thanks for your reply ,

ya my wife works more then 40 hrs but position is as a part time permanent . there will be employer references , pay slip , contract for evidence provided . so any suggestion. one more thing is it compulsary that to fullfil fulltime work requirement it should contnious employment in same a year or it can be different for example i worked 10 months as a full time in one company for first year and two part time job in second year for 2 months .will it possible like that .

thanks

You can meet the requirement with part time hours as long as you have full evidence for them. The part time hours must accumulate to reach an equivalent of 35 hours per week for 12 months. As far as I understand, these hours can be met by the second applicant.

Millie

Hi rupert ,

Thanks for your reply ,

ya my wife works more then 40 hrs but position is as a part time permanent . there will be employer references , pay slip , contract for evidence provided . so any suggestion. one more thing is it compulsary that to fullfil fulltime work requirement it should contnious employment in same a year or it can be different for example i worked 10 months as a full time in one company for first year and two part time job in second year for 2 months .will it possible like that .

thanks

You just need to prove full time hours. 40 hours is full time no matter what anyone else wants to call it, if you can prove the hours then you are fine.

• 4 months later...
You just need to prove full time hours. 40 hours is full time no matter what anyone else wants to call it, if you can prove the hours then you are fine.

But as per the official website, 35 hours are required as fulltime.

"worked full time (usually at least 35 hours a week) in a specified regional area

for at least a year while you held your eligible visa"

But as per the official website, 35 hours are required as fulltime.

"worked full time (usually at least 35 hours a week) in a specified regional area

for at least a year while you held your eligible visa"

So...? As she is working 40 and 40 is greater than 35, not sure what your issue is..

Archived