Visa 189 application advice please?

mrh2802

Good morning all.

My wife and i have just lodged our 189 visa application. Our skill select is in our married name, my wife's passport is in her married name as shown on the recap/reciept of submission. Yet we have received email confirming the application and it shows up as my wife's maiden name as the primary applicant. Has anyone else had this issue? i know that the applicant details at the very start are auto populated from your invite, so im a bit unsure as to the conflicting data.

Many thanks

No never heard of that before. Is she the primary applicant or is that a mistake as well? I guess you need to get in touch if you are sure you filled everything in correctly.

Hi Rupert, thanks for the reply.

Yes she is the primary applicant. Its very odd, as i have just read the app review and it clearly shows her as our married name, as does her skill select account and also the invite to apply. Its just she is now getting refered to on emails as her maiden name and also just above where you have to attach documents etc...as i said very odd.

I dont see it being a massive issue, i will attach a letter with screen shots of various correspondence and also passport/birth certs. I feel the system may be playing up...we did mention her maiden name as a previous known name and also that she travelled previously to OZ under her maiden name too...we shall see.

Thanks again

Hi Rupert, thanks for the reply.

Yes she is the primary applicant. Its very odd, as i have just read the app review and it clearly shows her as our married name, as does her skill select account and also the invite to apply. Its just she is now getting refered to on emails as her maiden name and also just above where you have to attach documents etc...as i said very odd.

I dont see it being a massive issue, i will attach a letter with screen shots of various correspondence and also passport/birth certs. I feel the system may be playing up...we did mention her maiden name as a previous known name and also that she travelled previously to OZ under her maiden name too...we shall see.

Thanks again

No it isn't a massive issue, it just sometimes can be stressful trying to communicate with someone in immigration, minimal contact is the way to go ideally. :biggrin:

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I submitted my application few days back and face the same issue. - My maiden name and old passport details appear in the organise medical link. The main application shows correct details with current passport correct name etc.

What was the resolution to mrh2802

issue? Just informed this to CO ?

Please advice..

Regards,

ASK2

Archived