nvq level 2 accepted

we got told various migration experts and people that my nvq level 2 plastering was not accepted by tra. We emailed tra ourselves as to weather they do accept it, which they replied saying they do consider it. Just received our successful skills assessment back :-)Just putting a thread up to let people know that nvq 2 can be accepted not just 3 + :-)

we got told various migration experts and people that my nvq level 2 plastering was not accepted by tra. We emailed tra ourselves as to weather they do accept it, which they replied saying they do consider it. Just received our successful skills assessment back :-)Just putting a thread up to let people know that nvq 2 can be accepted not just 3 + :-)

I was told the same by agent. Sent certificates for NVQ 2 & 3 and the assessment came back as level 2 comparable to AQF III. And GOT THE GRANT this morning. :ssign19:

what do u do kaiser? nvq 2s arent accepted if its not part of an apprentership whereas mine one which therefore meets australian standards. just goes to show these agents dont know everything so if you get told no then its worth doing your own research before u give up

NVQ2s have been problematic for years. Ever since the old Pathway D was dropped back in 2007, if memory serves me correctly.

Sometimes they are accepted and lead to a positive assessment from TRA, and sometimes they aren't.

Without some form of supervised training alongside an NVQ2 I think there's a problem - for those who have secure the positive TRA assessment with an NVQ2 did you also provide evidence of supervised work?

Best regards.

alan, we got a successful outcome from TRA for the occupation of cook with nvq level 2, we didnt give any evidence of supervised work, just work evidence post qualification. We did fail the first atempt under occupation of chef as the nvq 2 wasnt considered comaprable to AQF3. From what I now understand I think it is because chef and cook are very similar just in Australia to be classed as a chef you train longer for higher qualification. This is different to uk as hubby trained for 2 years, got nvq level 2 and was considered here as a qualified chef.

what do u do kaiser? nvq 2s arent accepted if its not part of an apprentership whereas mine one which therefore meets australian standards. just goes to show these agents dont know everything so if you get told no then its worth doing your own research before u give up

Painter & Decorator. Mine was in fact part of a 3yr apprenticeship. Maybe that's why it is accepted as equivalent.

hi alan, yes we had to prove that i was supervised. i got references from college, the syllabus, letters from employers and bank statements proving my wages paid in etc and references from the guys that taught me so was a lot of documents but we went overboard to give as much info to tra as possible

Archived