Applying for PR from a 457 visa

loubylou1504

HI

I was wondering could someone please help me. At current I am being sponsored by a company. I am due to be able to apply for PR next June As I have been on my 457 visa for two years by then. What is the process for changing over from the 457 visa to PR ? What kind of things do they look for in the medical? Is there a certain weight limit, as I have heard stories from people. Saying if people are overweight, they decline the visa. As they are saying they will be putting a strain on the health system. Still unsure which route I will be taking. Really need some help please

Cheers

not an expert but went 457 to PR myself! there's a standard health check with chest x rays, looking for TB etc, obviously thy are looking to avoid any drain on their health care, being overweight is not particularly an issue, being severely obese might be, wherever in the world you love being severely obese will have health implications and I do know the government works hard to help the obese and the complications that come with it such as type 2 diabetes, Risk of coronary heart disease etc, I wouldn't particularly worry if you're overweight but if you are classed as severely obese then yes, it possibly may be an issue xx

Thanks. I am severely obese. I was hitting the scales of 170kg at the beginning of the year. I have managed to get down to 124 kg at present. Trying to get down to 55 kg. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but since losing this weight. The doctors words were I'm in a healthy range, which I'm hoping will stay like that. Now to sort out what route PR I go down. Any ideas is it best to go down the employer route as at present I dont really sit on the skilled list. How long does this process take too?

Archived