Sponsorship

thekeans

Guest Gollywobbler

Hiya

Why would you need a company to sponsor you, please? What other visa options might you have?

I have heard that it is almost impossible to find companies willing to sponsor people with IT skills because they usually have no need to. Plenty of IT professionals are in Oz already under their own steam, it would seem.

With any sort of employer-sponsorship, realistically it is always such a huge shot in the dark about where that one, elusive, employer might be amongst upwards of 500 e-mails sent to every possible part of Australia (99.9% of which will not generate even a "read receipt") that it is a case of the candidate being willing to go to whichever part of Oz the Magic Employer might be in. It is not a buyer's market, so you should be under no illusions about this, I suggest.

However, I have heard anecdotally that the Government of South Australia is willing to sponsor people with certain IT skills. I do not know the details, however, and I don't even know whether the rumour is true. Please try here:

Immigration SA :: Sponsoring Skilled and Business Migrants

Each State Government has its own Immi arm, so it may be worth examining the websites of the others as well?

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks

We had looked into SA sir sponsorship and could go to Adelaide but have been put off by the lack of jobs in the design industry, (its not IT thats something very different).

We have however found a new way in as OH is a print designer and we can go in under graphic pre press- hooray just need to pass the english test now!!

Archived