Landing in Oz soon!!

Mims

Hi All,

My Plumber husband Steven and I will be landing in Cairns on the 29th November on a Working Holiday Visa with a view to travelling the country for 7 months to help us narrow down where we would like to be, before hopefully making the move permanently with our Sausage dog Yogi.

I have gained a lot of information from this forum already and hope to learn more over the coming months and in the future be able to offer advice when i am more knowledgeable and hopefully settled in Oz myself.

Somewhat worried at present about how it is all going to pan out, we haven’t been to Oz before but from what i have heard and due to my up bringing in South Africa i really want to make the permanent move happen. From what i have read on here, although Plumbers are on the skilled list doesn’t look as if work is as easy to come by as one might hope, anything worth having is never easy to get though i guess, hopefully with a lot of determination and persistence our dream will come to fruition.

If anyone has any tips or advice it would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to leaving the cold and rain behind and enjoying some sunshine, only 29 days to go!!icon6.png

Mims

Hi and welcome to PIO.

Plumbers can find it tough at first as QLD require you get State specific licences before you can work properly. They is a few hoops to jump through and it costs a few $$$ but the plumbers i know who have perceived with it are all doing pretty well for themselves now.

I just had a quick look and it looks like theyve made some changes to how it works ,this link should explain more to you - http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/construction/BuildingPlumbing/Pages/default.aspx

Hope you have a great time exploring

Cal x

Archived