Evidence for Points - Car Import

Kimorjack

Hi - currently trying to get some documentation together to hit the 100 points mark for the Import Approval...slight issue - has anyone been in the same situation? Need to provide evidence to get the 100 points...but struggling!

Your employment details in Australia (e.g. a letter from your employer or a statement). 50 points * --> Don't have a Job yet!

Recent sale/cancellation of overseas residential property or a statement. 50 points * --> Not Selling Property!

Resignation letter from overseas employer or a statement. 50 points *--> Im Self Employed (Can I write my own letter?)

Your residential details in Australia (e.g. copies of property purchase / rental documents or a statement). 50 points * --> Don't have these yet! - but could I use my 30 day temp accommodation Invoice?

The shipment of your household goods to Australia (e.g. copies of shipping documents or a statement). 20 points * -- YES I have this....20 points

Copies of other residential documents (e.g. telephone and electricity accounts or a statement). 10 points * --> Nope!

The other Questions - are around TFN, Medicare, Drivers License --> all of which I cannot get until I land!

Anyone else had this issue? Providing a Statement still needs documentation..

Hi there - you'll probably find, in your situation, that it's better to wait till you arrive in Australia before you apply. Either way, have a read through the very large section on car importing at the top of this section for further advice, or contact us :)

Looking back at my application, I also had similar issues. What I did was wrote a letter stating everything I had included in my application. I listed anything I had that was on their lists plus a number of additional documents (basically anything I could use to prove I was moving to Aus). These were things like applications for childcare waitlisting, opened an Aus bank account, shipping invoices, closure of some savings accounts, Bupa International medical cover for a few months, acceptance form from agent for renting our house, cancellations of UK insurances etc. So your booked flights, rental accommodation, stick a copy with the application and anything else you can think of.

Archived