HR Manager Assessment

Hunzvi

Are there any people out there who have recently applied or are considered a skills assessment via AIM? I spent months and months going through the profiles and it looks as though there have been very minimum success regarding HR Manager assessment. I am currently in the UK. I posted my application pack on the 22nd of October and it was delivered on the 24th of October. The waiting game begins.

Hi, I only know those who failed process. AIM are tough one of the criterias they are strict about is managing other managers it must be at least 3! You also need a bachelors I had CIPD post grad but they consider this equivalent to a AQF diploma!!!!

Good luck I hope you get through!

Hi, I only know those who failed process. AIM are tough one of the criterias they are strict about is managing other managers it must be at least 3! You also need a bachelors I had CIPD post grad but they consider this equivalent to a AQF diploma!!!!

Good luck I hope you get through!

Thanks Kezzles for your response. I have two Master' degrees from UK Universities, A Bachelor's degree and I am also a Chartered member of the British Psychology Society. I have had the responsibility of managing at least three managers for the last 8 years. I therefore hope that all goes well. However, you never know!!!

Thanks Kezzles for your response. I have two Master' degrees from UK Universities, A Bachelor's degree and I am also a Chartered member of the British Psychology Society. I have had the responsibility of managing at least three managers for the last 8 years. I therefore hope that all goes well. However, you never know!!!

Sounds like you should fly through then! Best of luck!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am over the moon. My HR Manager results are out. Got an email acknowledging receipt on the 4th of nov and received the results today 19th of November. Hearing all the difficulties of AIM, I was so nervous and I am pleased it went well. Now preparing for my ielts on the 7th of December

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hunzvi, congratulations! Did you know that the CIPD and the AHRI have formed a mutual agreement that was implemented from August this year? Here is the link via the CIPD website for more info, which details that if you are a CIPD professional member, you become a professional member of the AHRI

-

http://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/ahri-cipd-membership.aspx

All the best! :cute:

Hi Hunzvi,

That's brilliant! Hopefully, the mutual agreement between the two institutes will help the AIM with the assessment of eligibility for HR roles to be sponsored via a state and recognise the advanced CIPD diploma. I've read that some people have had challenges with the process.

I'm hoping to get my Chartered MCIPD certified very soon.

Take care and all the best with the ILETs.

Amelie

Hi Kezzles,

I'm sorry to hear that I know other people have had similar issues with the CIPD Diploma even though the QF standards is at the masters level. This is certainly something that needs to be communicated to the CIPD, as part of the mutual agreement. Anyway, I'm going to look into the agreement further, particularly around qualifications. I'm not surprised that the AHRI did not make a difference during the time of your application. Unfortunately, as the CIPD and AHRI have only recently signed a mutual agreement, it will take time for the recognition and understanding on both sides to filter through the AIM processes.

Would your situation help if you completed the MA with MOL? The MA is accredited by the University of Salford and you can complete the coursework as well as the dissertation between 7-10 months. You have to be a CIPD Chartered Member to enrol. Here is the link to MOL regarding the MA for further info:

http://www.moltraining.co.uk/management/courses/strategic-human-resource-management-and-development-ma

Hope this helps?

Amelie

Thanks Amelia, are you currently based in the UK or are you in Australia?

Hi Hunzi,

I am currently in the UK and I am applying for jobs in Europe, Dubai and Singapore as well as Hong Kong, to get international experience.....also, those countries recognise the standards of the CIPD qualifications. Also, there are CIPD members, amongst their own nationals working in HRM & HRD. I'm not ruling out Australia, I'm just keeping my options open.

Amelie.

Hi Kezzles,

I'm sorry to hear that I know other people have had similar issues with the CIPD Diploma even though the QF standards is at the masters level. This is certainly something that needs to be communicated to the CIPD, as part of the mutual agreement. Anyway, I'm going to look into the agreement further, particularly around qualifications. I'm not surprised that the AHRI did not make a difference during the time of your application. Unfortunately, as the CIPD and AHRI have only recently signed a mutual agreement, it will take time for the recognition and understanding on both sides to filter through the AIM processes.

Would your situation help if you completed the MA with MOL? The MA is accredited by the University of Salford and you can complete the coursework as well as the dissertation between 7-10 months. You have to be a CIPD Chartered Member to enrol. Here is the link to MOL regarding the MA for further info:

http://www.moltraining.co.uk/management/courses/strategic-human-resource-management-and-development-ma

Hope this helps?

Amelie

Hi Amelie

Thanks! Funny you should say that I just signed up for MA top up with MOL, however only this morning my BF was offered promotion to Melbourne (he works for anAussie company) we hope now to move on 457 visa fingers crossed. Still keen once in oz to top up to MA.

Hi Kezzles,

That is fantastic news!! You will love Melbourne, it is such a fantastic place.

Two of my friends moved to help through he 457 visa (one is an Auditor and the other a Nurse) back in 2010 and they got permanent residency in March 2012. I was advised to via the 457 route.

Anyway, I'm assuming your a CIPD Chartered Member? If so, you can register with the AHRI online to be a Chartered Member with them.....which would be great for you to do ahead before you move to Melbs and start networking with them, especially via LinkedIn.

All the best Kezzles, hope everything goes well!!

Amelie ?

Hi Kezzles,

That is fantastic news!! You will love Melbourne, it is such a fantastic place.

Two of my friends moved to help through he 457 visa (one is an Auditor and the other a Nurse) back in 2010 and they got permanent residency in March 2012. I was advised to via the 457 route.

Anyway, I'm assuming your a CIPD Chartered Member? If so, you can register with the AHRI online to be a Chartered Member with them.....which would be great for you to do ahead before you move to Melbs and start networking with them, especially via LinkedIn.

All the best Kezzles, hope everything goes well!!

Amelie 

Thanks Amelie!! Yes I'm chartered and have already been in touch with AHRI! I lived in Sydney on whv but never went to melbs however bf lived there and lived it so I'm sure I will too!!

Gingers crossed it will all work out for us, Mybf sister works in HK do if you do go you will enjoy it's great place!

Ahh thank you Kezzles - Yes Melbourne was voted as the No.1 place in the world to live, against, Vienna, Vancouver and Sidney. Sidney is in the top 10...however, London and Manchester are down in the 40's and 50's rating - no surprise there :wink:

Amelie

• 1 year later...

Hunzvi

Good to know you made it. Would you care to share your experiences? What sort of managers reported to your position.

And have you managed to move to Australia or still waiting for the preferred state to invite "Expressions Of Interest"

Archived