Air Con in NSW

Guest Brookesy

Guest Brookesy

Hello,

I'm finding in lots of job adverts for air conditioning engineers in sydney that you need a NSW air con license?

Does anyone know if i can just show my Certs from here or my TRA stuff and get the ticket, or do you have to do a course or test to get one?

Any help would be great,

Cheers.

Guest fatpom

Check out the Australian Dept of Environment web page. Something called ARCTick (or similar?). Australian Refridgeration Council - I think?

There is new legislation which is federal forcing all states now to have a licensing system. The point of this legis is to control losses of GH gases by controlling supply, maintenance & disposal of refridgeration equipment.

I've read the legis (early this year) to check the companies compliance issues. If my recollection is correct a level 3 NVQ equivalent with proven hands on experience would be deemed acceptable but then again we're talking gov depts here.

Guest Daceys

Brookesy

Hi, I'm a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.

We're having our meds carried out at the end of the month and are awaiting our police check reply, so hopefully not long to get the nod for our visa.

I've not gone into detail regarding your matter but I will do when/if the visa is approved.

I do know that you can apply for an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC) which is accepted throughout Australia.

Your skills may be recognised whether through formal training or on the job experience in Australia or overseas.

You can apply for the application form and find out more from http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Do you work for a company or are you operating your own business?

Plenty of work out there, eh? Can't wait to get out there. 8) 8) 8)

Good luck

Al.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daisydeeds

My sponsor is the Manager of an Air Conditioning company in Singleton. They are desperate for air conditioning bods. If you would like to work around that area then please pm me and Ill pass on your cv.

Daisydeeds.

Guest Brookesy
Brookesy

Hi, I'm a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.

We're having our meds carried out at the end of the month and are awaiting our police check reply, so hopefully not long to get the nod for our visa.

I've not gone into detail regarding your matter but I will do when/if the visa is approved.

I do know that you can apply for an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC) which is accepted throughout Australia.

Your skills may be recognised whether through formal training or on the job experience in Australia or overseas.

You can apply for the application form and find out more from http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Do you work for a company or are you operating your own business?

Plenty of work out there, eh? Can't wait to get out there. 8) 8) 8)

Good luck

Al.

Cheers for that Al,

I'm air con contracts manager for a company thats does heating and air con. More heating than air con so i run the A/C side and end up doing the lot from quotes to buying to installations and breakdowns.

i was thinking of setting up for myself out in oz because there's so much work if i fell on my arse i'd walk straight into a job, but on the other hand i'd like to work for someone to see how they do it first, how about you? any thoughts on working for yourself?

Cheers Mark.

Guest Daceys

Daisydeeds

Thanks for that, I'll send my cv asap. I'm running around like a headless chicken at this moment with work!!

Mark

My plan is to work for a firm for 6/12 months then look into starting on my own again but now I've had 2 years of it, I don't know how I'll react working for someone else :wink:

Al.

Archived