FBI Criminal History/Background Check

gjmfl

Dear all,

I am confusing. as you know, US government and agencies shut down due to debt ceilling (but heard they reached the deal yesterday 16th Oct).

But on the FBI website, I've got the note as below:

Note: Due to upcoming changes in processing, effective October 12, 2013, the FBI will no longer be accepting self-addressed stamped envelopes with Departmental Order requests. Envelopes received postmarked after this date will be destroyed. Thank you for your patience as we try to streamline our processes to improve our service to you.

My question:

1) are they continue to process individual application from overseas if i mail my fingerprint form today?

2) what do they mean by "thank you for your patience as we try to streamline our processes to improve our service to you"? are they going to introduce new service? by how long?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

GJMFL

Hi,

I just looked at it yesterday, their page says that the processing times are 5-6 weeks and they still accept fingerprint cards either from individuals or agents ( check on website for approved agents). As per the info on the website they need the fingerprint card ,Applicant information form including address and phone number and payment of 18 dollars - money order or credit card authorization form.

The whole thing here:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

our security checks are expired so I expect to go through this process again soon. I had one done in 2012 and instead of 6 weeks as stated on the website it took 2.5 weeks . Hope this helps.

Hi, on the page of your link, you can find the Note (as i posted) below Step 1. we have done ours in mid 2012, and it is expired too.

May I have your thoughts, please?

Hi,

I just looked at it yesterday, their page says that the processing times are 5-6 weeks and they still accept fingerprint cards either from individuals or agents ( check on website for approved agents). As per the info on the website they need the fingerprint card ,Applicant information form including address and phone number and payment of 18 dollars - money order or credit card authorization form.

The whole thing here:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

our security checks are expired so I expect to go through this process again soon. I had one done in 2012 and instead of 6 weeks as stated on the website it took 2.5 weeks . Hope this helps.

Sorry I am on US time and was sleeping :biggrin:. Police checks expire 1 year after they are issued. It doesn`t take that long to process it so I`m gonna wait for CO to ask for it. The note you are referring to is just a notice that they won`t use people`s envelopes but they will be the ones to mail the certificate to address provided on the Applicant information form. If there`s going to be extra charge for shipping I can`t say but might be if the certificate is mailed to another country. If in doubt, you could send them an email and ask the exact details. Here are contacts for FBI offices abroad:

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat

Archived