what to do

Catkins

hi guys ok so i'll give you all a bit of background on us

My husband is an electrician (mainly industrial and commercial... but obviously does domestic too) I'm a hairdresser by trade but no longer work coz we have 3 beautiful girls aged 2,4 and 7.

we are trying to apply for a permanent visa to emigrate to Oz.... QLD as we have friends there and john has been told he can get work. ok so here's the problem

OH has just turned 43yrs he has taken his IELTS test and got 8.5, 8.5, 9 and 7.5!!

his qualifications are all up to date as are mine.

but we have been told we don't have enough points to apply for a 190 or a 189 as his IELTS score needs to be 8's in all sections.

I've looked on the lists for Queensland and they needs General Electricians with Heavy industrial or Signalling experience.... What does this mean? im confused and at my wits end coz this is our dream!

I know he should sit the ielts test again! but there is no guarantee that he will get 8's and time isn't on our side! can anyone give me any advice please?

:arghh:

Thanks for replying guys!... I have checked the list for Qld and they need electricians with " heavy industrial" experience... But mr Google is unclear on what it is!... My guess in high voltage stuff.. Which he has but getting the evidence may be tricky as it was a while ago!....

his IELTS was broken down as follows

reading 7.5

writing 8.5

listening 8.5

speaking 9

he didn't revise at all as he had the attitude that he shouldn't need to! Typical!!.... He's said he'll do it once more and try and improve the score but he thinks it's hard to prepare for coz its different every time!... Although he is going to this time! Hopefully get him on by the end of the month!... Then just wait!

Thank you x

I didn't mean how was the IELTS broken down, I was wondering how the rest of his points for the visa broke down. I think your husband is possibly better placed to determine if he meets the criteria that the state wants, he really needs to take a look and assess that himself.

What is his IELTS score and how is it broken down ?

sorry assumed that's what you ment!

points are

15 - Age (40-44 years);10 - English language (IELTS 7);

15 - Work experience;

10 - Trade qualification.

So if he gets IELTS 8 we will have the 60 to apply

he sent somebody ( not sure who) an email asking what the criteria for heavy industrial work is... Their reply was we need to submit a EOI and they will be able to let us know if he is suitable.

He he is going to re sit the IELTS and go from there

Archived