Subclass sp 489 visa help!!

duke of arms

Just wondering if anyone has received a similar response from a case officer?!

The visa you have applied for is part of the regional skilled category. The migration program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used,the department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available.

I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this category as planning levels are determined by the Australian government.

As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in final stages of processing, I cannot give you an

indication as to the likely timeframe of your application.

in the meantime , I encourage you to check the department's website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and changes to the skilled migration program which may effect you.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Regards

anyone please??? Any ideas people? So frustrating

xxxxx.

Received this yesterday.

We got a case officer 24th sept 2013.

Are you family sponsored?? There is only 4200 places for this program year - not much you will be able to do but wait. Also I would wait for CO to request medicals and PC.

Hi lebourvellec,

I have applied for a state sponsored 489 on 16th sep and no CO yet. Will this affect state sponsored too??

Thanks

Citation

Are you family sponsored?? There is only 4200 places for this program year - not much you will be able to do but wait. Also I would wait for CO to request medicals and PC.

Hi lebourvellec,

I have also applied for 489 family sponsored a month ago and obviously no case officer yet as it is too early. Normally they say it takes up to 8 weeks. I have now booked for the medicals. Does it mean that I should wait until CO requests me to do the medicals? I do not want to do unnecessary medicals if I am not sure of the visa. Is there a way of knowing how many visas have been issued out of 4200. Where did you see this information? I am also surprised that the limit has already been reached after all we are just 4 months into the program year.

Duke,

The response from the CO makes me nervous too as I am in the same boat. But CO does not actually say that the quota had been reached. He merely says that there are limited number of places. Am I trying to see the bright side of life?

Thank you for the info! Citation560XL

Our agent is looking into things fingers crossed!

As soon as we get a date we are ready to go. Did want to get there for christmas with family?!?!

Hi Duke,

I am not in much of a hurry. I intend to be there early next year. But it would be good to have the visa sorted out by this year.

• 2 weeks later...
The visa you have applied for is part of the regional skilled category. The migration program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used,the department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available.

I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this category as planning levels are determined by the Australian government.

As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in final stages of processing, I cannot give you an

in the meantime , I encourage you to check the department's website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and changes to the skilled migration program which may effect you.

Regards

All this while my understanding was that the quota was applicable to applicant who hadn't yet received an invite, as common sense would suggest that they wouldn't send out a greater number of invites than the proposed quota. Meaning, contrary to the above, ones who have already received invites would most certainly be granted a decision. Oh well, fingers crossed, all that's left is to hope and pray. Good luck!

Thats not true, there is no planning level specifically for 489 familly sponsored for 2013-2014, its a combined planning level for 190 and 489, the number is 28,850 and so far from July 2013 upto the end of september, only 5154 have been filled, there are plenty of places left, the reason they send that mail is because its a standard template and if the planning level was close to being filled, its best the applicant knows, at the moment, there are plenty of places left, nothing to worry about. chill ;)

to see the panning levels - http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

To see how many have got filled so far check the last tabe shown at the bottom of the page - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2013-10-21/

Cheers everyone, this is my first post, i hope it helps.

Regards

xxxxx.

Received this yesterday.

Dont worry. There is no planning level specifically for 489 family sponsored for 2013-2014, its a combined planning level for 190 and 489, the number is 28,850 and so far from July 2013 upto the end of september, only 5154 have been filled, there are plenty of places left, the reason they send that mail is because its a standard template and if the planning level was close to being filled, its best the applicant knows, at the moment, there are plenty of places left, nothing to worry about. chill ;)

to see the panning levels - http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

To see how many have got filled so far check the last tabe shown at the bottom of the page - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2013-10-21/

Cheers everyone, this is my first post, i hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Regards

xxxxx.

Received this yesterday.

Duke,

Did you get any update from CO?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Experts,

I am completing my EOI at 489 to NT, but now, I don't want to add my spouse and child with my current 489 which can save me for more DIBP fee and to show more assets to NT, but I want to add them after two years when I will apply for PR. Now i am confused about the answer for the following question whether I should answer it "YES" or "NO".

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?* .

Any suggestion from anyone is highly appreciated.

I am not an expert but I think you have to include your spouse and any dependents at some place from the following quote stated under Health on document 1119 page 30.

Quote: "If your spouse and dependents are not included in the visa application they must still be assessed against health requirement."

That means if your spouse or child fails the medicals even if they are not on your application you application will fail. On the other hand I don't think they would look kindly at you if you omit now and bring it up in two years time.

The DIBP announced today that they are limiting the 489 Family sponsored invitations to 35 from the 16th Dec, so it looks like the planning levels were nowhere near the demand in this program year. The delays in processing have likely been caused by the large number of applications the DIBP have received.

Edit for clarification: State/territory nominated 489 visas are not included in this limitation.

• 3 months later...
The DIBP announced today that they are limiting the 489 Family sponsored invitations to 35 from the 16th Dec, so it looks like the planning levels were nowhere near the demand in this program year. The delays in processing have likely been caused by the large number of applications the DIBP have received.

Edit for clarification: State/territory nominated 489 visas are not included in this limitation.

@Adam Grey : Do you have a link for this?

Archived