EOI points for age confusion.

deserpi1

Hi I've put in my EOI I got 25 points for my age (39) to give me the minimum 60 points. I turn 40 on Nov 29th 2013.

If I don't get an invite before the 29th Nov does this mean I lose 10 points?

The guide reads as if your points score for age is at time of invitation?

I'm worried that I won't have enough points anymore if I don't get an invite before then.

Can anyone tell me if I'm right or will I be OK beyond the big 40?:confused:

Unfortunately your right; it's your age at the time of invitation so if you're not invited before you turn 40 you lose points.

Have you checked the likelihood of being invited before then or can you increase your points any other way to increase your chances of being invited before you turn 40?

Also have you done the IELTS? If not you could increase your points by obtaining 7 or above.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Lou says, you're right in your assumption that you'll lose 10 points when you turn 40. I was looking to be in the same situation and managed to score all 8's in my IELTS to make sure if still clear 60 points if my invite came too late. What visa are you waiting for an invite on?

Sent on works time using their Wi-Fi!!! Lol

I was hoping to get a 189 visa. I've been offered a 190 for WA which I can use but prefer the freedom of the 189.

Luckily I can still use the IELTS to get extra points I only claimed 10 after a rather annoying 8.5/8.5/9/7.5 score. I've actually requested a remark on my IELTS so I may not even have to resit it (and pigs might fly!!!).

Do I need to suspend my EOI if I've not sorted out the extra IELTS points by my 40th?

I was hoping to get a 189 visa. I've been offered a 190 for WA which I can use but prefer the freedom of the 189.

Luckily I can still use the IELTS to get extra points I only claimed 10 after a rather annoying 8.5/8.5/9/7.5 score. I've actually requested a remark on my IELTS so I may not even have to resit it (and pigs might fly!!!).

Do I need to suspend my EOI if I've not sorted out the extra IELTS points by my 40th?

If you have received an invite for 190 you should go ahead and apply as the 190 application will need to expire before you are able to receive an invite for 189. invitations takes-60 days to expire and eoi is suspended during this time. by then you will have lost 10 points for age, then be back in same position as you are now.

If you have received an invite for 190 you should go ahead and apply as the 190 application will need to expire before you are able to receive an invite for 189. invitations takes-60 days to expire and eoi is suspended during this time. by then you will have lost 10 points for age, then be back in same position as you are now.

I think Im still eligible as i haven't replied to WA's email and i am still required to pass some test before their invite is official. Was going to wait and see if i got lucky in the next two rounds then do the 190 for WA at the 11th hour.

From what i can see their invite has not registered against my eoi . Am i wrong in thinking this?

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Been invited for a 189 visa. Many many many thanks to all those who have helped and guided me. Beers are on me when I arrive!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Archived