Update 10 months after returning to the Uk

blobby1000

I find the opposite in wanted down under I am always jealous everyone seems to have a 300000 pound budget for a house even the ones from the midlands where most housew are less that 150, 000. I dont quite understand if that means they actually have that money in cash once they sell or if its all mortgage.

Mortgage I suspect. Buy into the dream and wanting it all.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a month before we left to come home I suddenly became a bit more constructively reflective rather than angry and, thankfully, mostly, that's how I still feel!

I don't miss much of Australia....I miss the coffee a lot, I miss the lack of rain (not the heat), I miss the beach, I miss the easy work and I miss the money.....actually that's a lot of stuff!

But the hardest thing we have found is the ending of the adventure. There were a lot of negatives but we were 'out there' ducking and diving and now we are back in our safe little box and that feels a little suffocating sometimes.

Sometimes we have to stop and remind ourselves....actually we didn't like it did we! And we need to remember that without being bitter and negative but also not to remember it through rose tinted glasses and regret leaving...

Sums it up perfectly. The country you're NOT in always seems more attractive, and the negatives of the country you're in loom larger than they really are. You'll get the right perspective on it eventually!

Archived