489 to 190 confusion, please advise

Guest dugles

Dear All.I am on 489 state spon. visa and onshore, I reached here a month ago and found my eligibility for 190.I want to apply and has got an invitation to apply against 190.I have few doubts, please help me to remove these. I will be thankful to you for this.1. Will my 489 be ceased after immediate lodgement of 190 or be still in effect till I got the decision for my 190 application?2. Suppose If my 190 got refused then on which visa I would be i.e on 489 and have can stay till my visa expiry or I have to leave country . I am really confused in this. Please help. Thank you all,

The 489 will be effective until you get granted the 190. If 190 refused you will still be on the 489 visa.

Thank you so much,

Please clear one more doubt.

Up to how many days I can live in metropolitan, as I am living in MEL from 25 days from the time I arrived here. or

Within how many days I have to get my registered with regional department (NSW Regional) to let them know my arrival?

Please help.

Thanks

Thank you so much,

Please clear one more doubt.

Up to how many days I can live in metropolitan, as I am living in MEL from 25 days from the time I arrived here. or

Within how many days I have to get my registered with regional department (NSW Regional) to let them know my arrival?

Please help.

Thanks

Your visa permits you to live in designated areas only. There is no "allowance" for living in other areas, you are breaching your visa conditions if you are living in a non-designated area.