Advice please...

Guest lea

I currently live in the uk and will be going bankrupt in the near future as i am a student and have not been able to pay my creditors. My partner and i want to move to oz in the next couple of years. Will bankruptcy affect our migration to oz and do they ask or find out that you are bankrupt? If i move to oz as an undischarged bankrupt would we be able to get a mortgage as it`s not in the uk. Sorry about all the questions but i`m really worried about this! Can you advise? :)

Guest jenny4nails
I currently live in the uk and will be going bankrupt in the near future as i am a student and have not been able to pay my creditors. My partner and i want to move to oz in the next couple of years. Will bankruptcy affect our migration to oz and do they ask or find out that you are bankrupt? If i move to oz as an undischarged bankrupt would we be able to get a mortgage as it`s not in the uk. Sorry about all the questions but i`m really worried about this! Can you advise? :)

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but if it were me, and I needed to fond out I'd either ask a UK agent (do a free on-line assessment and if you pass the points...they'll more than likely phone you back anyway...in which case you can ask then).

Or maybe contact the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS - based in Nottingham) not sure of the telephone number but I bet you could find it if you Google'd it. They might know. I may be wrong but I thought you'd be 'clear' of bankrupty after a year or 2...?

Good luck

Hope this helps a little

Jenny

Im sure you have to leave it 10 yrs from being declared bankrupt but am not 100% positive ,will definately be worth speaking to a proffesinol about ,have a chat with Go Matilda,Visa bureau or ian harrop all seem to get good feedback on here,good luck

Cal x

Archived