Hep B injection????

k8bug79

Hi, I have 3 kids Two are in school (10 & 6) and one due to start (4), Been here 5 weeks. Went to Drs today for youngest and asked if they could fill out the form to put her into the immunisation database which I understand I need to do to get part of my family assistance payment at the end of the financial year. First one she looked for was Hep B which I said we didn't get at birth. I've left the form with her and copies of her immunisation records to complete the form at a later date as it was time consuming.

Can anyone confirm if I have to get hep b done for them? The school didn't query it for anyone and youngest is now enrolled for next year. If I do need it do I have to get all 3 done? Is it done just at drs and will it be chargeable (I have a bulk billing dr)

I am in NSW if that makes a difference????

Thanks

Hep B is part of the national infant immunisation schedule. I am not certain that you will be refused entry to school if that is lacking (YMMV ...) but they do try and force MMR on you. It is, at any rate, a safe and sensible immunisation to have.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have 3 kids Two are in school (10 & 6) and one due to start (4), Been here 5 weeks. Went to Drs today for youngest and asked if they could fill out the form to put her into the immunisation database which I understand I need to do to get part of my family assistance payment at the end of the financial year. First one she looked for was Hep B which I said we didn't get at birth. I've left the form with her and copies of her immunisation records to complete the form at a later date as it was time consuming.

Can anyone confirm if I have to get hep b done for them? The school didn't query it for anyone and youngest is now enrolled for next year. If I do need it do I have to get all 3 done? Is it done just at drs and will it be chargeable (I have a bulk billing dr)

I am in NSW if that makes a difference????

Thanks

i have been able to get both my boys their HepB, the cost depends on yours/DRs circumstances. You can ask the cost and see. This year NSW is giving hep B to year 7 but not next year! I believe strongly in immunisation and am happy to pay the money, they are both sporty kids so it helps.

it didn't affect their schooling at all, they were 8 & 15 so no financial benefits for us apply. In Australia all immunisation is optional but given the proximity to Asia, and situations like the recent measles outbreaks (infected teenager going to Dreamworld!) I wouldn't like them not to have MMR.

Yes you will have to get them done , as your child will be classed as 'out of date with immunisations' once the form is submitted to Centrelink and they will send you a letter saying so.

This immunisation is free as its compulsory, clinics are all over although i just used a bulk billing Dr for my youngest.

Cal x

Yes you will have to get them done , as your child will be classed as 'out of date with immunisations' once the form is submitted to Centrelink and they will send you a letter saying so.

This immunisation is free as its compulsory, clinics are all over although i just used a bulk billing Dr for my youngest.

Cal x

Thanks everyone, happy for them to have it just a case of when we'd have to have it by. So def gonna have to have youngest done soon for family assistance.

Appreciate the help :biggrin:

Archived