Movecube - What is restricted?

Savitar

Hi ALl,

Just wondering what are the restricted items for a MoveCube? We are looking to ship some usual things as well as the following (which might or might not be restricted) :

- BBQ sauce and hot sauces (strange i know but got a great collection from the US and would like to keep them if possible)

- A couple of great bottles Whisky (I believe this is restricted but can't hurt to ask)

- Deodorants (pressurised cans)

- Perfume

- Misc bathroom liquids (Shampoo, hair gel etc)

- Chocolates

Any thoughts or a website we can look this up would be appreciated. (the sevenseas site I can't seem to find a list of what is and is not restricted)

Thanks!

I recently sent my stuff with seven seas, it's enroute now! From what I recall

food - all needs to be declared remember it takes a few month so may go off, alcohol - need to declare but will have to pay heft duty, can take toiletries but don't think can take pressurised containers, perfume should be ok but again may go off, don't know how heat will affect things. As long as its all for personal use too, supposed to have owned things for a year. I'm sure I got list from seven seas when they delivered the paperwork about a week before the container. Good luck

If the whisky is that good, bring it in your hand luggage. You get a personal allowance if you have it in your possession that doesn't attract import tax.

If you have too many bottles compared to your allowance; start drinking!

ETA - I would also carry the hot sauces in my luggage and declare them, they would get through with you no problems. I wouldn't like your chances if they were opened though.

Sending food unaccompanied (in your move cube) could extend the time it takes for you to receive it at this end due to issues clearing customs. There is also the extra bill you may get.

When you are effectively camping at this end, you will want your stuff ASAP. Why jeopardise that?

Thanks for the responses. I always thought there was a "restriction" on liquids in the move but sounds like you can move anything you want.

I do appreciate thought that putting them in the cube will attract attention at the other end, slow down the process and cost more. So hardly worth it.....

Oh, I just checked and I currently have over 20 bottles of BBQ sauce, 6-7 hot sauce totally around 15kg! Good buy luggage allowance.. :)

Movecube guy said to us no food or alcohol as its a sure fire way to get them to crank in open and sift through. They recommend you don't include either.

We packed toiletries but left out pressurised cans etc.

Also the usual stuff. Xmas decs, untreated wood, wicker etc.

I'd bin the hot sauces. In the scheme of things other things take priority over putting those in your baggage IMHO. Buy the other end.

Also the usual stuff. Xmas decs, untreated wood, wicker etc.

I'd bin the hot sauces. In the scheme of things other things take priority over putting those in your baggage IMHO. Buy the other end.

The problem is they are worth $15+ each (they are very good / hot ones) so not going to be binning them. I will take them on my checked in luggage though. Lucky for me I am going to OZ for a short trip to try to setup some things (job / house / car etc) before returning so with £65 for an additional checked luggage, I will be doing that. Having just checked on one of the USA stores in OZ, the BBQ sauces are $9 each and hot sauces minimum of $15 each so we are talking about close to $400 worth to replace.....so for £65, I guess that will have to be the option....

Are there any issues with perfumes / toiletries in MoveCube?

Archived