Thinking of moving from Perth to Melbourne

watovic

We've been in Perth for just over a year and are enjoying it very much. We have family in Melbourne and are contemplating moving there so that our children will grow up with their family etc. Just wondering if anyone has made the move and can give me an approximate cost on shipping a 20ft container over? Also any recommendations on removalists? I have someone coming out the end of next week to quote too. Thank you!!!

We've been in Perth for just over a year and are enjoying it very much. We have family in Melbourne and are contemplating moving there so that our children will grow up with their family etc. Just wondering if anyone has made the move and can give me an approximate cost on shipping a 20ft container over? Also any recommendations on removalists? I have someone coming out the end of next week to quote too. Thank you!!!

What do yu enjoy about Perth? If it's the climate, the beaches, the lack of crowds, traffic not that bad, then I'd be very careful about moving to Melbourne. Forget all the posts about Perth being the most expensive for housing too. When I see properties compared they are not comparing like for like.

Take a look at the buying houses Australia program and watch a few of the auctions from Melbourne and you'll see what I mean. I've been to Melbourne a lot, with and without the family. Been there in good weather and bad. We were there for the wifes Birthday a couple of years ago, the weather was brilliant and we went up to St Kilda. It was as packed as the UK gets on a nice day and the beaches are nowhere near as good as here.

Archived