September 457 visa applicants

Smitty

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone wants to share their timeline experience of September application. I applied for mine on the 19th of September, medicals done on 3rd October (for 189 visa as applied simultaneously). I am using the same HAP number of my medicals for 457 visa. I am waiting anxiously for any news...none so far!:daydreaming:

Smitty

We applied for our 457's on the 20th September - our status hasnt changed from 'processing commenced'. After reading some of the other 457 threads, some people that applied back in June are still waiting so you id try and put it to the back of your mind for now if I were you! Easier said than done I know!

Our 457 was lodged and payment received, processing commenced 17/09/13, medical for me 03/10/13, medical results received and health requirements finalised 04/10/13. From here on I think it may be a long wait! Although I was quoted a processing time of 4-8 weeks by my MA so fingers crossed!

Sho

Processing commenced on the 25th Sept for our 457. Had a medical for the job I'm going for, but application states that medical isnt required for the application (but at least I have a current one, just in case)

Company is Transport for New South Wales - so I'm not expecting a problem with that end of the application!

However as expected at this stage, processing commenced is where it sits until someone looks at it.

Colleague who applied on the 27th Sep, has this morning gone to "Application being processed further". However he has some over 18 dependents to be looked at, so I wonder whether they get sifted on application into various piles...

Mine never went to processing further. It went from "medicals received and finalised" to being granted. I'm sure it won't be long. Good luck

Congratulations :wink: If we are going on the same timescales we should get ours on Thursday lol - I live in hope!

Hi Shona,

What a great news, congratulations!!

I applied for mine 2 days after yours, I hope to have same results as yours.

What profession are you going in of you don't mind me asking, I wonder if there is any criteria for certain occupations??? just a thought.

Where are you going?

Good luck!:wink:

X

Smitty

Hi all,

Just though I'd restore all faith in the 457 processing times. My visa was lodged in September and has just been granted today - a total of 3 weeks and 6 days! Cannot believe it!

Oh wow! That's quick! What job do you do? Hope mine is as quick!!

I have my medical next Mon.. Congratulations! Where you heading?

• 1 month later...

Well after hearing nothing since applying on Sept 25, bang on 8 weeks later, the 457 is approved.

Nothing changed on the visa status page during that time at all.

However my OCD for checking that page can now stop....

Might make Xmas on the beach yet....

hie smitty im also using same hap ids for 189 and 457. wat did ur co said abt it. m really worried abt mine. please help.

thanks,

ateka

Hi Ateka, I got my 457visa on the 30th of Oct, used same HAP for 189 as well, waiting to hear frommy CO. But cos I did the highest level of medicals for 189 itmade no differenceon 457visa application asiwas not even askedfor itagain.

Xx.

Hi Shona,

What a great news, congratulations!!

I applied for mine 2 days after yours, I hope to have same results as yours.

What profession are you going in of you don't mind me asking, I wonder if there is any criteria for certain occupations??? just a thought.

Where are you going?

Good luck!:wink:

X

Smitty

Sorry for late reply Smitty. I'm in nursing and midwifery so not sure if those occupations are more in demand and that's why? What do u do? We're off to Perth in 11 days now!! How's your visa coming along? I'm sure it's probably been granted by now! x

Sorry for late reply Smitty. I'm in nursing and midwifery so not sure if those occupations are more in demand and that's why? What do u do? We're off to Perth in 11 days now!! How's your visa coming along? I'm sure it's probably been granted by now! x

Hi Shona,

Good to hear from you. Things have moved drastically for me in the last few weeks. I got my 457 visa on the 30/10 but I was really after the PR visa and was granted it only yesterday in just 2 months and 1 day. God has been very kind for helping me get a grant for 2 visas a month apart!

I am flying to Sydney with my family on the 13th of Jan. Good luck to you.:wink:

X

Smitty

hie smitty im also using same hap ids for 189 and 457. wat did ur co said abt it. m really worried abt mine. please help.

thanks,

ateka

Hi Ateka,

I used the same HAP for both 457 and 189 visas and was not asked for any more health examinations.May be its relevant to say that I went the highest level of health examination that included chest x-ray , physical examination, pee tests and extensive blood tests. I filled in 1022 form to support my application with HAP number. I got both the grants without any problem. Good luck to you!:wink:

x

Smitty

• 3 weeks later...

hie smitty,

Thanks for the reply. iam also not asked for another health examinations. however, the process is really hampered cause of two hap ids. co says that she wants both the hap ids to be linked on medi bank level. we did the follow up but cannot figure out where she has send the request.. Can u please tell me the procedure.. were your both hap ids were linked ??

Waiting for ur reply. thanks

ateka

hie smitty,

Thanks for the reply. iam also not asked for another health examinations. however, the process is

hampered cause of two hap ids. co says that she wants both the hap ids to be linked on medi bank level. we did the follow up but cannot figure out where she has send the request.. Can u please tell me the procedure.. were your both hap ids were linked ??

Waiting for ur reply. thanks

ateka

Hi Ateka,

Here is my experience- I applied for 457 visa a week before 189 visa. I did not get a CO straight away for any of the visas. There was no change in my 457 status not even a link to arrange medicals. On 189 however I could arrange arrange medicals. I opted for the highest level of medicals as I knew would be needed for 457 when I get a CO. I uploaded 1022 form (change of circumstances) on 457 visa with HAP number used for 189 visa mentioning very clearly. My CO did not ask for anything else. My suggestion to you would be to use form 1022 and mention the 2 HAP ID's in it.I hope it helps. x Smitty

Edited by Smitty