Any advice greatly received hairdresser 186 query??

victoria1

Hi everyone

can anyone help please???

i failed a TRA skills assess in hairdressing as no transcripts were kept when I did my apprenticeship years ago! So I went away and gained an aqf 3 in hairdressing via australianskillsassessment.com and just about to apply for my TRA but have been told that dispute having a aqf 3 that I now need at least 2 years experience after gaining the aqf as it was gained due to the RPL process can anyone confirm or hopefully deny that claim???

thank you so much for your time and help! X

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Victoria

Just want to say congratulations on gaining your AQF. Have you chatted with an agent to see if they can advise?

Hi guys,

thank you very much.

It was a migration agent who verified my documents, he wasn't a 100% but said he thought they had changed the rules.

Tried to call an agent unfortunately that person although recommended did not know any of the answers! I've sent my TRA off which takes so I can just wait for skill select to reply to me......hopefully!!!

I failed the TRA in hairdressing also, and I was thinking about gaining an AQF III online, but I gave up. As far as I know, you do not need years of employment after gaining a RPL AQF III. Read trough the guidelines again, and check. Good luck .

Hi Jupiter

i did mine with http://www.australianskillsassessments.com , A small family business who were really helpful and set in three stages, first was a simple written application, 2 nd was detailed cv and references and qualifications etc, and 3 rd was a Skype type interview/ watching me perform a hair cut etc followed by a theory exam in which I had a few hours to return completed. Cost about $2000 if I remember right. It took about3 weeks in total for me.

Archived