Help!!!!

grannygook

Hi everyone

I need to do a quick visit (end October) to Australia (4 weeks stay) as my son in law has had an accident my UK passport expires in Feb 2014 ! someone has told me I need to have at least six months left on my passport or I wont be allowed into the country!!!!!!!!! is that correct?

very worried grannygook

Hi everyone

I need to do a quick visit (end October) to Australia (4 weeks stay) as my son in law has had an accident my UK passport expires in Feb 2014 ! someone has told me I need to have at least six months left on my passport or I wont be allowed into the country!!!!!!!!! is that correct?

very worried grannygook

It is normal to require 6 months on the passport, god knows why but it is normal. There is still plenty of time to get the renewal as a fast track, I would recommend that.

Guest Southern Cross Personnel

Hi Grannygook,

It is correct. Unfortunately your passport must have at least 6 months left on it. Apparently that is a safeguard for Migration regarding your intentions to return home. Dont anybody yell at me I am just passing on what I read :)

Hi thanks for the replies:- I was directed by UKPA to a website www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia/entry-requirements and it states about 'Passport validity' = your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required. If you are transiting another country en route to or from Australia, make sure you check the entry requirements for that country. So its looking like I'm okay! just thought I would pass on this information ! Grannygook

Hi Katie

I rang Emirates this morning as I am flying Newcastle-Dubai-Adelaide and was told that they (UAE) have just changed the rule to the same as Australia for transit passengers! she has assured me it is very recent they had just the very same enquiry a couple of days ago and the Emirates Staff checked the new rules and she gave me her name told me to ask for her if any problems.

you can get a passport in a day if you're prepared to a) pay the extra and b) spend the day at the passport office or nearby. my other half's done it.

you can probably get it in a week through the mail guaranteed (I can't remember exactly now). ask at the post office, they'll give you the options :)

personally I'd say it's probably ok based on the checks you've made but if you can, renew it now anyway to make sure you're not worrying about it while you travel!

Thanks Everyone for all the good advice I have been to the passport office and did a 'fast track' I didn't know you could do such a thing and it was quite painless apart from 'getting stuck in traffic' with only 2 miles to go but we got there in time for the appointment and the new passport 'Hopefully' is being delivered today by courier!!!! thanks again guys x:ssign19:

Archived