Visa 189 application query

mrh2802

Hi all

A bit stuck on a section of the visa app, wonder if anyone could shed some light for me please?

We are applying for a 189 having received our invite. One section asks have you ever visited Australia previously. We did last year for our honeymoon, and my wife was using her maiden name passport as it was only a day after the wedding. The form asks if you travelled on an expired/different passport. In a way it has expired as she has a new one with our married name. The old one was supposed to expire in 2021, yet it wont let you put an expiry date later than today. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to be putting false info on the form but i am tempted to put the expiry date as today.

Many thanks

Hi all

A bit stuck on a section of the visa app, wonder if anyone could shed some light for me please?

We are applying for a 189 having received our invite. One section asks have you ever visited Australia previously. We did last year for our honeymoon, and my wife was using her maiden name passport as it was only a day after the wedding. The form asks if you travelled on an expired/different passport. In a way it has expired as she has a new one with our married name. The old one was supposed to expire in 2021, yet it wont let you put an expiry date later than today. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to be putting false info on the form but i am tempted to put the expiry date as today.

Many thanks

Why don't you put the expiry date as the start date on the next passport, as it did effectively become void at that point.

Why don't you put the expiry date as the start date on the next passport, as it did effectively become void at that point.

Hi, yes thats we are going to do. We have put the old number and used the day of the new "married" passport as the expiry. Thanks all for your help.

Archived