State Sponsorship - first two years calculation

DianaK

Hello,

If we are granted 190 and we fly to Australia only to set up our permanent residency and then fly back to Canada, will the 2 years mandatory residency begin at the date we arrive or there are other conditions that I am currently unware of?

Also, if the employer is an agency, which sends me on a contract to different states (not as an employee of the client, but contractor through the agency), will this be considered a residency in the state, where the agency is located or residency out of the province, depending on the client location (if different state)?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

If we are granted 190 and we fly to Australia only to set up our permanent residency and then fly back to Canada, will the 2 years mandatory residency begin at the date we arrive or there are other conditions that I am currently unware of?

Also, if the employer is an agency, which sends me on a contract to different states (not as an employee of the client, but contractor through the agency), will this be considered a residency in the state, where the agency is located or residency out of the province, depending on the client location (if different state)?

As for the first question - the 2 year mandatory residency only begins when you move permanently.

For your second question, I would guess that as long as you live and are employed by an agency located in the sponsoring state, it doesn't matter where you do the work. You will still be paying taxes etc. in that state.

As for the first question - the 2 year mandatory residency only begins when you move permanently.

For your second question, I would guess that as long as you live and are employed by an agency located in the sponsoring state, it doesn't matter where you do the work. You will still be paying taxes etc. in that state.

there is no such condition on your visa as mandatory residency for 190 visa. Check your visa conditions. The moral state sponsorship agreement has been discussed many times on the forum.

there is no such condition on your visa as mandatory residency for 190 visa. Check your visa conditions. The moral state sponsorship agreement has been discussed many times on the forum.

Right, sorry - I used a wrong word as it is not mandatory. Anyway, the 2-year period when you should supposedly live and work in the sponsoring state starts after you move permanently.

Thank you for the replies.

I guess permanent residency for the sponsorship is similar or the same as establishing a residency for tax purposes.

No - the sponsorship agreement has nothing to do with tax, citizenship residency requirements or RRV. There is some questionnaires to complete after you have moved to sponsoring state but these are not mandatory.

Archived