Anyone tried Unwired broadband?

Guest Pinhead

Guest Pinhead

Has anyone tried Unwired broadband? I think you can only get it in Melbourne & Sydney city centres but it effectively gives you access wherever you are in the CBD.

The price is basically the same as Telstra etc but if your moving from apartment to apartment it looks like a good option.

We have broadband via 3 mobile. its totally portable and they give you a small modem size of a mobile phone and a sim card and effectivly it works like a mobile. Vodaphone just realeased on for about $39 per month, we get 2mb for $49 as in our rental we cannot get wired broadband.

Em x

Yes am using it now in Melbourne. Service is from 3 - my deal is 2GB for $29 but you do get locked in for 24 months. Telstra is way too expensive - vodafone and optus don't support Macs but a bit of research should get you online with them.

Overall it's pretty good - speed is fine, can use skype no problems and stream BBC Radio without any hassle.

D

Guest Pinhead

Cheers. Sounds pretty good. As I'm planning to rent for 1st 6 months it may be easier than getting set up on ADSL then changing it when I move.

Tried this and didn't get any signal whatsoever. We even rang them up to see if we had coverage in our area and double checked that with the sales guys at the shop. Tried to position the box everywhere and couldn't get a signal.

Returned it back and got a full refund. Might try it again when we move as Telstra is costing us $60 a month unlimited use though.

Archived