subclass 489 visa renewal ?

cyberslam

Hey all!

i have been granted the subclass 489 Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa which has an expiry date of April 2017 and of course has a condition attacehd that i need to live/work in the designated area which is Victoria for 2 years in order to make it a permanent visa.

The thing is i can't move to Australia now due to some work/family reasons so i was wondering if i would be able to renew this visa if i move to AUS lets say in 2016 and get a full time job?

This is something which is really making me go nuts so i would really appreciate some help on this.

thanks in advance!

Hey all!

i have been granted the subclass 489 Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa which has an expiry date of April 2017 and of course has a condition attacehd that i need to live/work in the designated area which is Victoria for 2 years in order to make it a permanent visa.

The thing is i can't move to Australia now due to some work/family reasons so i was wondering if i would be able to renew this visa if i move to AUS lets say in 2016 and get a full time job?

This is something which is really making me go nuts so i would really appreciate some help on this.

thanks in advance!

Well I used to think this visa was extendable by one year but I see no reference to that now. Either way, moving in 2016 is not going to achieve anything, you will not have enough time to meet the criteria for moving to the next stage. I would suggest you would probably need to start again if you can't move in a more reasonable time frame. Unlike the 189 or 190 visas, you really can't procrastinate about moving on this one.

hi cyberslam! congratulations on your 489 visa grant. was just wondering though if, like 190 and 189 you've got to activate your visa and make your initial entry within a stipulated period stated on your visa grant?

Hey all!

thanks in advance!

Archived