Am I ready to apply to anmac??

Bouncy

Hi there, just after yet more advice to make sure I'm doing this the right way! I have passed my academic IELTS and am waiting for the verification application from nmc, I've also asked uni to provide transcripts, but they haven't got it so are contacting another department and will let me know. I've also asked nmc for the transcript incase uni can't get it. Do I have to get uni to send the transcript to anmac or do I send it? So I'm basically waiting for stuff to come through, so my query is, can I fill in the Online application to anmac now or is it best to wait for transcripts etc? I've been on and didn't realise you have to pay straight away! Just want to get it right before I pay then realise I've done it wrong!

Sorry for babbling, I'm just confused! I'm probably over thinking it!

Thank you for any advice!!

Hey!

There is currently a 16 week wait for a full skills assessment so I would say better to get it sent in as any other stuff that follows later won't affect the time. Plus you still have ages to get things sent over.

The verification gets sent directly from nmc to anmac... they're quite quick in sending it once you've sent the form back.

I had problems getting my transcript... went to nmc in the end as uni was useless and the nmc didnt have it either. But they have sent confirmation to say that I have met the EU directives and required hours of theory and practice which I checked with the anmac lady said was enough to meet the requirements.

I'm currently at week 9 of waiting so 7 more to go until my application even gets picked up!

Hopefully it's all as it should be... they will let you know when it's received if anything is missing.

Hope this helps!

Sam

Thanks nursesam, I've a feeling my transcript won't be available either, good to know they can still send something that is acceptable! Did you have to pay for nmc to do that?

So have I got this right? I wait for verification and apply for anmac application info then gather what is requested? Is there no time scale for this? Worried it will take ages to get together what I need and they won't accept it?

Thanks again for your help!!

Nope didn't have to pay at all, they were very helpful. Just have to pay the £30 or whatever it was for the verification.

well perhaps get the verification started, you dont necessarily need to wait but it's nice to know it's done.

Try and get everything else together such as certified copies of your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. As well as your reference and other docs. When you apply online you print off a cover letter so all your documents need to be sent with the letter.

If anything is missing they'll just let you know what is needed when they receive the cover letter but yes better to get as much possible sent.

When I sent mine in I just had my transcript missing but all sorted now 9 weeks in!

Hope this helps? Sorry if it doesn't make sense... long rubbish day in the nhs (bring on 1:4 nurse to patient ratios!!!)

Sam

Thanks again nursesam, that does make sense. Nmc are sending me the application for verification so the ball is rolling there, I e nailed them regarding my transcript but haven't heard anything about that, did it take long for them to get in touch with you about it? One last (probably stupid question!) when anmac send you the cover letter, do they send a list of documents they need? Or is it somewhere on the website? I've looked but can't see anything! I can guess the type of stuff they want but not sure what kind of references they might need! Your right, want to get as much as poss so it can all go off and cause less delay!!

Oooh 1:4 staff patient ratio! Imagine that, how lovely!! I'm in paeds and to be honest it's not too bad. Thanks again for your help! X

Thanks again nursesam, that does make sense. Nmc are sending me the application for verification so the ball is rolling there, I e nailed them regarding my transcript but haven't heard anything about that, did it take long for them to get in touch with you about it? One last (probably stupid question!) when anmac send you the cover letter, do they send a list of documents they need? Or is it somewhere on the website? I've looked but can't see anything! I can guess the type of stuff they want but not sure what kind of references they might need! Your right, want to get as much as poss so it can all go off and cause less delay!!

Oooh 1:4 staff patient ratio! Imagine that, how lovely!! I'm in paeds and to be honest it's not too bad. Thanks again for your help! X

When u fill in anmac form and pay they email cover letter and link for documents to send... I am all ready to send bar reference (only been asking from July!!) I have one from clinical sister might use that as we only have acting manager.. Just want to get anmac sorted. All documents needed to be sent direct already on route so at least it's started. Rcn recommend a 1:4 but as u say in reality fat chance

Hey!

There is currently a 16 week wait for a full skills assessment so I would say better to get it sent in as any other stuff that follows later won't affect the time. Plus you still have ages to get things sent over.

The verification gets sent directly from nmc to anmac... they're quite quick in sending it once you've sent the form back.

I had problems getting my transcript... went to nmc in the end as uni was useless and the nmc didnt have it either. But they have sent confirmation to say that I have met the EU directives and required hours of theory and practice which I checked with the anmac lady said was enough to meet the requirements.

I'm currently at week 9 of waiting so 7 more to go until my application even gets picked up!

Hopefully it's all as it should be... they will let you know when it's received if anything is missing.

Hope this helps!

Sam

hi sam is the NMC info good enough for Aphra too ? or did you post uni stuff given to you by plymouth anyway despite being wrong like mine? hopefully you should hear soon !!

hi sam is the NMC info good enough for Aphra too ? or did you post uni stuff given to you by plymouth anyway despite being wrong like mine? hopefully you should hear soon !!

Yeah I posted that transcript anyway and in sent my application with a cover letter explaining that the nmc had sent it and anmac had said it was satisfactory to meet the standards (they are the same standards anyway). Hopefully it'll be enough, not heard from AHPRA yet but they were quick to take their money so I know they've got it!

Archived