teaching down under

The Broughtons

Hi all,

Anyone else been in the position of having their teaching skills knocked back?

I applied to NOOSR and was told I had not met the equivalent to 4 years tertiary study, I did a 3 yr BA with QTS not a 4 yrBEd. So after emails to NOOSR I was told an additional year part time at uni would be sufficient so I enrolled to complete an extra year towards my masters (I'd already got 60points). Now after a years hard work - teaching and studying - I discover NOOSR are handing over to TeachingAustralia and my open file will be closed and I have to reapply from scratch. How frustrating :evil:

I've come to the conclusion that these 'little' hurdles are put in the way to prove whether we really want to go to oz or not.

Just wanted to get this off my chest - anyone else had similar experiences?

Felicity

Guest Phil Olsen

Have you heard of a company called eTeach.com in the uk?

Do you have your teachers certificate?

By the way, the new regime kicks in on 1 November (so you have time to resubmit).

best wishes

Phil.

Hi Phil,

I have all my teaching evidence, certificates, qts evidence, dfes number etc but won't get my masters certificate until 27th October - this means my evidence can't be submitted to NOOSR on time - i was mighty cheesed off when i found this out, was only by chance when i was checking fees and stuff.

i have heard of eteach but not really looked into it that much.

Guest spray21

I'm being very lazy here, but does anyone have a link to the new guidelines? And will I need other documentation beyond degree transcripts?

(If it makes any difference I am a secondary teacher, three years experience, History BA + PGCE)

Thanks!

I emailed TeachingAustralia the other day and finally got a reply this morning, they don't really seem to be very organised yet.

I'm pretty sure that the evidence remains virtually the same

-degree certificates and transcripts

-references proving employment

-proof of dfes number (they would ideally like the official letter you received when you qualified)

-other exam results

-marriage certificates (if applicable)

I have been advised to check out the DEST website for current application details (I know all this, i've done it before - I want to know about after Nov 1st) and keep checking TeachingAustralia for updates.

I have a feeling this is going to be frustrating :evil:

WHOO HOO

NOOSR are actually being helpful. Rather than wait for my degree certificate, they are quite happy for me to submit a course transcript and covering letter from my uni. I can meet the NOOSR deadline and it won't cost me the new fee or an extra four months before lodging the visa application.

Something has gone a little bit right. :lol: :lol:

Archived