Prospects of 263311 SS in ACT

kohatian3319

Dear All

I am an Electrical Engineer by Education but have 5 years experience in telecom.

I had lodged CDRs with EA on 18th June 2013 and got result on 17th September 2013 as Telecommunications Engineer 263311.

However all states have stopped sponsorship for 263311 since this July except for ACT which offers limited ceiling.

I have lodged an EOI for 189 on 19th September with 65 Marks.

Any suggestions????

Any suggestions or advise???

Regards

IRFAN KHAN

Dear All

I am an Electrical Engineer by Education but have 5 years experience in telecom.

I had lodged CDRs with EA on 18th June 2013 and got result on 17th September 2013 as Telecommunications Engineer 263311.

However all states have stopped sponsorship for 263311 since this July except for ACT which offers limited ceiling.

I have lodged an EOI for 189 on 19th September with 65 Marks.

Any suggestions????

Any suggestions or advise???

Regards

IRFAN KHAN

yes: now you need to apply for state sponsorship if yet you have not done so

Dear Maggie

263311 is no longer sponsored by any state except ACT with Limited Offer.

Should I apply for that as their terms and conditions require that I must do research about jobs there and then provide them evidence about the availability of jobs.

Can anyone tell me about the timeline for a Class 189 Visa? I mean the time it gets from Invitation upto Visa Grant.

Also since my background is of Optical Fiber and FTTH Services so I hope every state must have plenty of Job plus Entrepreneurship chances.

Regards

IRFAN KHAN

Dear Maggie

263311 is no longer sponsored by any state except ACT with Limited Offer.

Should I apply for that as their terms and conditions require that I must do research about jobs there and then provide them evidence about the availability of jobs.

Can anyone tell me about the timeline for a Class 189 Visa? I mean the time it gets from Invitation upto Visa Grant.

Also since my background is of Optical Fiber and FTTH Services so I hope every state must have plenty of Job plus Entrepreneurship chances.

Regards

IRFAN KHAN

cannot tell you anything else but do what the state requires. After all, I assume you'd like to secure the sponsorship right? if your profession is not on the Skilled Occupation list you can only apply for Subclass 190 I presume. If you go to Skillselect, you have all the info you need listed including processing times, guidelines and occupational ceilings. Hope this helps...

Hi Ifran,

Do you have a degree as a EE, have you any further experience, such as HV etc, is there any chance of further training, as i know there are good opportunities over there for HV, I cannot understand how there is not sponsorship for such an generally in demand occupation?

Optical Fiber is the technology that is in demand currently and will still be in demand in future

besides I have been working as a free lance entrepruneur in the field of Telecom Solutions

I have my own equipment and can setup a telecom workshop in any city within a week.

I intend to obtain an ABN and then work by myself. Maybe i can employ other people as well.

I can also impart trainings and skills in Hybrid Last mile solutions in telecom

Edited by kohatian3319

Basically you have a qualification in one thing, but experience in the other.

If you want to go through as a EE, you already have the degree, so you just need experience in it...or you find a job and go the sponsored route

If you want to come though as a telecoms technician then you need to see if that is on the list and if so do you meet all the requirements.

Realistically it dosent matter how skilled you are or if you are good at what you do, as if you aint on the list there is little you can do.

I think you need to figure which route will get you there on the visa which is best suited to your long term plans. i am probably not the best person to give advice on that

Hopefully you will get your sponsorship through ACT, good luck

Edited by skellysgirl
fctgyhujiko