Visa application invitation 189, 190- Advice please

Smitty

Hi everyone,

I had my skills assessment from ANMAC recently and filed my EOI for 189 and 190 visa. In the meantime I have been offered a job and getting a sponsor to travel to Sydney on 457 after the visa grant ( may be in January 2014). Since my employer wants me to start work soon, ENS 121 visa was not an option as it would have taken more time. I have already applied for 457 visa and desperately hoping to get 190 visa invitation so that I could apply for it as soon as possible. My assumption is that once we are onshore on 457 it would save time on PR visa application and all the hassle that goes with it!

I got an invitation to apply for visa on 189 last week but since it takes longer than 190 visa I am impatiently waiting for 190 invitation. I have 70 points from my skills assessment.

Any idea as to when the next round of 190 invitations will be? All I keep finding from my searches are the DIAC

invitation results from the 2nd of September.

Any advice or information will be great.:chatterbox:

Thanks

Smitty

Your not going to get an invitation for 190, until the 189 invitation expires after 60 days. The only difference in processing between the 189 and 190 is 3 weeks difference on being allocated a CO.

The 121 visa no longer exists either since July 2012, it is now 186.

Ypu should forget about the 190 and apply ASAP for your 189.

Archived