4week recci - cairns - Adelaide is it possible?

Kooky

Hi all do you think it's a bit crazy to try to go from cairns to Adelaide seeing as much as possible Inbetween in 4 weeks? Our plan is to get a campervan and travel from place to place. We have 2 little ones in tow (they will be 6 and 4).

If so what places do you recommend we see on our travels? Want to see as much as we can without the boys being too bored (by endless travelling). We want to make sure it is a holiday as well as getting a feel for places to live so happy to do some touristy stuff.

Any thoughts?

That would be 3000 kms..about 34hrs if you drove non stop..and thats the quickest route which misses out sydney..brisbane..canberra..melbourne..you wouldnt go near the coast but if your not interested in seeing those places then thats ok..I dont think you would enjoy that distance on just 4weeks or get to do much or get a real feel for places. We want to do similar wth sum annual leave but wouldn't attempt that distance and we do alot of road trips. We drove sydney to melbourne at weekend..inland on the way and coastal route on way back. .alot of the drive was so boring and tiring and we felt rushed even though we thought we had given ourselves long enough. Your plan would be great to do but with two little ones in that time..I think you would be stressed and tired. Before I came here I thought that would be possible and enjoyable..now im here I realize there is so much to see and so much land to cover that its not enough time to really experience Australia. I would pick a shorter route so you could all really enjoy it and take australia in. Good luck...ps..someone else will prob have much better advice. .im usually wrong lol ;)

i would fly inbetween citys as its quite cheap really . i did it in february with 2 children , and then hired a car at each place for the few days we were there . we decided to drive sydney to brisbane , however the drive was very boring ... the roads not very interesting , if you dont need/ want to visit places inbetween the major cities ... do whatever is best for you and your kids , but mine were fine with all the flights!

Archived