489 regional visa stipulations

Agibb83

Hi all, Me and my family recently emigrated over on a 489 regional visa (carpenter) the 2 important stipulations are 1 living in regional area for at least 2 years of the 4 . 2. Working at least 1 year in regional area (in nominated trade) in order to apply for pr 887 visa. My question is the year in which you need to work regional , can this be accumulated over 2-3 years for example in the first year work at least 6 months then maybe in year 2/3 do another 6 months? Or has it to be 1 year continuously ? Also we were told we need to comply with certain conditions , I take it we need to get in touch with DIAC and keep them up to date with address and jobs etc ? TIA.

Live for at least 2 years out of 4.

work for at least 1 year full time irrespective to your nominated occupation, however must be full time paid 35 hours a week.

then can apply for 887 .

no other condition.

While on a 489 visa you must live and work in regional Australia these are the conditions of your visa 8539.- there is nothing in your visa conditions that it is 2 out of the 4 etc, it is entire time you are on the visa. to be eligible for 887 you must show you have lived in regional Australia for 2 years and worked full time for 1 year out if the 2 years living. It can be made up of smaller periods of time in any occupation, and either main or secondary applicant can meet the 887 requirements.