Arrive Sydney 23rd Oct!

HooRoo

Hey guys!

Its 43 days til I leave for Australia on my WHV and it is finally dawning on me that I am really going! I can't wait to get there but I am a little bit nervous! Hoping I make friends out there and have the time of my life and it's everything I hope it will be! Anyone else going out to Sydney at this time?? I am hoping to stay there til after Christmas and then move my way up the east coast (jobs permitting!). Feel free to say hi if you are in a similar boat :)

- Jen

Hi Jen! I'm arriving that day! 23rd Oct! and your schedule seems similar to mine. I will stay in Sydney until new year and then move to Melbourne to see the Australian tennis game on Jan, and then move to east coast!

I am also nervous & excited haha

Ohhh coincidence! Who you flying with? I'm with virgin atlantic. I'm going out on my own but literally can't wait. Got my first week in a hostel sorted and after that who knows but wanted to see if I could stay in Sydney til christmas, the attraction of Bondi Beach christmas day is too much! haha :)

I'm with Qantas! I also going out on my own! yeah can't wait to go there and also can't wait to quit my job now lol I'm still working to make more money.

I have friend there in Pyrmont. I will stay at a his flat for weeks and who knows~

ohh I also saw that Christmas in Bondi beach! and it will be summer! Christmas in summer! very interesting isn't it?

Yeah I know that feeling! I'm working two jobs to hopefully have a good whack of money to go out with! But from what I have heard it might not get me far if I don't get a job quickly. Ah lucky, I don't know anyone out there so its hostels all the way for me.

I know a hot christmas will be odd but I am looking forward to it, the time is going to fly by.

You will meet some cool people at hostels! well, my friend said "if you can speak English, you will get a job anyway. if you can't find a good job then you can get a job for temporary. "

Can you speak English? hahaha

Yeah as you said that's attraction. hot christmas day in the beach!

You are right. the time is going to fly by!

Hi Jen! I'm arriving that day! 23rd Oct! and your schedule seems similar to mine. I will stay in Sydney until new year and then move to Melbourne to see the Australian tennis game on Jan, and then move to east coast!

I am also nervous & excited haha

Hello sorry to but-in the thread but i'm hopefully applying for my WHV this week and looking at landing in Melbourne on my own first week of jan mainly for the Aus open (Murray fan), I see you're going from Sydney to Melbourne then the east coast, I've looked into travelling about but looking at the size of Australia is a little daunting. How do you plan on getting from one city to another ?

I leave England on the 23rd of Oct as well, but I'm off to south east asia for a few weeks before I hit Aus.

For getting from one city to another flights would be easiest and quickest I would say, but probably the most expensive. You could drive but that would take a while for some journeys. A campervan would be a good way to do it.

We arrive Oct 29th. Have you booked your accommodation for Christmas? It's really filling up so I'd look into it. There are some good apps for internal flights and travel but to be honest, I haven't got a clue lol. In an ideal world we'd meet some people and hire a camper I'm thinking but who knows, part of the adventure! I'm looking at hire camper relocations too, but not sure if it's a bit of a con. Google it, see what you think too?

Archived