Offshore ENS Subclass 186 direct entry processing time for Nurses

Smitty

Hi All,

I am exploring an option of asking my prospective employer to nominate me under direct entry stream of ENS 186 visa application. I am interested to check out the processing time as I am offshore.My AHPRA eligibilty expires at the end of March 2013 and I wish to avoid it desperately. I was planning to apply for a state sponsorship subclass 190 visa anyways and wonder which one of the two is a better option in terms of processing times.I wish to be in Australia before my AHPRA eligibility expires. My other option would be to go on 457 sponsorship visa and wait for my state sponsorship visa to come through.

I have 2 boys aged 3, 7 and wish to enrol them at school as soon as possible and if I could avoid paying the school fees, it would have been helpful!!:confused:

Any thoughts all you helpful people out there?

Regards

Smitty

Yes Labourvellc,

I am currently waiting on my skills assessment to come through...any time soon now, I did my acaedemic IELTS for skills assessment. My AHPRA eligibilty expires in March 2014, hence the rush. I can not imagine going through all the hassle of application again and more over I will need to go to AHPRA office before March to collect the registration that would be added stress and again every penny matters.:smile:

Thanks for your your response.

Smitty

I would aim for 189 or 190- the 186 does take sometime as employers have sponsorship and nomination to go through. Fastest way would be 457 while applying for 189 or 190 at same time. Most employers prefer 457 over PR visa. Your looking at 6 months for 186.

In the grand scheme of the amount a visa cost now re-doing aphra wouldn't be a big deal. 190/189 will give more flexibility to getting to Australia.

Archived