Nurses salary/ Salary sacrifice

Smitty

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone share a link to find out about nurses salary in NSW. I have tried Healthstaff, payscale, Australian nursing federation's website but they are all out of date. Also does anyone know how does salary sacrifice work in a not for profit organisation?

Smitty

Guest Guest70948

Hi there

My Sister earns 75k as a community mental health nurse in Vic and has been qualified for 6 years - she earned alot more when she was working shifts on the ward though with shift allowances.

I get salary sacrafice as I work for a charity - it means that I can package 16.5 k of my salary to items such as rent, credit card repayments and not pay tax on this amount. In addition the tax free threshold in Aus is 18.3k (ish) if you earn below a certain amount. With salary sacraficing you can also package items as meal entertainment (so dining out) in addition to the 16.5k, and holiday accommodation too! I really utilise this and hardly pay any tax at all so it's a great perk. I think nurses may only be entitled to 10k salary sacrafice though.

Archived