Switching between WHV and 457 whilst applying for PR

casson35

Hey all,

So I've been in Perth a few weeks now on a working holiday visa. I've been offered a job and after the 3 month probation period, as long as both parties are happy, they have offered to switch me over to a 457 visa whilst I apply for permanent residency off my own back.

Now I'm just wondering if any issues may arise from this situation or is this a fairly normal situation?

Thanks PIO :)

Hey all,

So I've been in Perth a few weeks now on a working holiday visa. I've been offered a job and after the 3 month probation period, as long as both parties are happy, they have offered to switch me over to a 457 visa whilst I apply for permanent residency off my own back.

Now I'm just wondering if any issues may arise from this situation or is this a fairly normal situation?

Thanks PIO :)

There's no such thing as switching visa's, you can only apply for a visa and if you or your sponsor meet the criteria then it might be granted. You can apply for a visa at anytime, meeting the criteria and it being granted it is a different story.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I wasn't very clear and was really meaning are there any restrictions on applying for certain visa's whilst already having a visa. If a visa is denied could this affect the visa you currently hold etc...

Archived