Insurance Travel & Life

Kellypeachey

Hi all, not sure if I am the right forum.

We re flighing to OZ on the 9th of Sept, trying to get everything done, but i just had a thought about travel insurance. Should we get some? Also how do we go about getting life insurance, we are still going the have are UK policy until we sort outselfes out in OZ but does it work the same as the UK.

Thanks

The Peachey's

Hi The Peachey's

We are flying out on the 13th of October and I was wondering exactly the same thing re. travel/health insurance. Should we get travel/health insurance for say a months cover while we sort out medicare etc? If the insurance company got wind of the fact the insurance was taken out for emigration and not a holiday as such, would that be an excuse for them to null & void the insurance? The devil is in the detail as they say.. I hope somebody comes up with an answer.. If I find anything out, I will let you know.

Martin

You need to check with your insurance companies. They may not pay out if you are out of the UK for an extended period. As for travel - what happens if you have an appendix rupture on route and need emergency care in Sing or Dubaii? or if you lose all your baggage? I'd take travel insurance out. You should be about to insure the trip.

Archived