UK Insurance database

Bournemouth

Hi, I'm new here,

Does anyone know if Australian insurers routinely get access to the UK insurance claims database when issuing new policies or assessing claims?

I have got a particular reason for asking as I have had a lot of trouble with incorrect data on the UK database.

Thanks.

Agree with Peach, but obviously you can't try and claim a NCB unless you have proof

So is it worth taking a copy of my no claims with me.... will I get a discount on insurance in OZ with it.... I have 11 years protected NBC....

Thanks

Our insurers just took us at "face value" and only asked if we had previously had any claims within the last 5 years.We had not,so they just quoted a premium .

They have no way of checking a UK data base, and they can only check any previous claims within Aus,so I dont think you would have any worries.

We did not need to provide any proof or documents.

We were quite surprised how simple getting Insurances here was, and how they did not require evidence of No Claims.

I had my proof of no claims from the UK but didn't need it, just applied online and selected full no claims.

I did have a phone call with the insurer just to confirm the usual no convictions etc no problems at all with the no claims discount.

• 1 month later...
How do you know that the insurance companies have no access to UK records? Surely all insurance companies talk to each other these days and have fairly open access to that kind of info?

As per my last post, the both the UK and Australia have privacy laws that prevent the sharing of personal information.

Archived