approx time scale for a 489

Fifizzz

Hi all,

My husband is a Nurse and we have 2 children. We were invited to apply for a 489 to go to South West Australia as have family there. Does anyone have any experience of how long it might take to be granted the visa?

Thanks Fifizzz

Hi Fifizzz, I suppose this is a skilled visa, so these are the "skilled migration visa processing times": http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

"Note: We aim to process applications within these service standards, however, actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors."

I don't think there's such a state as 'South West Australia'. Did you mean South Australia or West Australia?

Hi, Thanks Levi, I will look at the link. I meant Western Australia, sorry to confuse!!

Caz, it is family sponsored.

Family sponsored take a bit longer to get case officer ours was state sponsored and took about 8 weeks to be assigned then once meds were uploaded (1 week after we did them) we got our visa the next day.

Once you have everything ready to upload to the system ie all of your evidence for everything then you can put all of that up while waiting for co. If you're scanning originals directly you don't need to have it certified.

Also with family sponsored you're not tied to a specific area you can live anywhere in the state

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

If it's family sponsored then it's 12 months. But I've read a couple of months ago that someone got their 489 FS visa in 5-6 months. Also, keep us updated, I'm in the same boat, 489 FS to Perth.

And as Caz said, on this visa you can live and work anywhere in WA.

Thanks both of you. 6 months would be fantastic but not holding our breath!! Did you have to wait to be asked to go for medicals and do you know if children have medicals and character/police checks? Good luck with your application Levi, let us know how it goes and we'll do the same! We are heading for Albany as have family there.

Congratulations Caz, when do you head out there? or are you already there?

Sorry if i've posted this before! Thought I did it yesterday but cant see it now!!

Thanks both of you. 6 months would be fantastic but not holding our breath!! Did you have to wait to be asked to go for medicals and do you know if children have medicals and character/police checks? Good luck with your application Levi, let us know how it goes and we'll do the same! We are heading for Albany as have family there.

Congratulations Caz, when do you head out there? or are you already there?

Sorry if i've posted this before! Thought I did it yesterday but cant see it now!!

Thanks!

We're not sure yet, but we have to validate by July 9th next year.

Good luck with yours hope it comes soon!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Archived