Container transport of goods - Delicate/expensive objects (Computer etc.)

Now I've got my visa its time to begin my preparation. I get a container provided for me as part of my contract - but does anyone have any knowledge of what happens with delicate/expensive things that I don't want sliding and banging all over the place inside a container? I'm talking PC and monitor etc. Are there any kind of special boxes that can be bought to keep them safe or another way to transport them?

I am not sure if there are specific boxes for PC's, but make sure that you wrap things properly as our shipper has told us things do move around when they are on the high seas. Also make sure if you are packing breakables yourself, you can get insured for them. I am having a bit of a problem at the moment with self pack breakable items and insurance.

I have come to an arrangement with my shipper to pack these items only so that we can obtain insurance for the whole load.

Hi There, we've just had our boxes delivered, they are just the normal heavy cardboard you get when you are moving, but they also delivered a roll of bubble wrap that is (I'm not joking) the same height as me. I would assume they all do that. None of the companies mentioned a special box for the pc or tv. The shipping company has been really helpful so speak to them when they come round to quote, I saw three and they were all really good, and all seemed they could do the job well. It just came down to a matter of cost.

Our shippers packed everything for us. They put the pc monitor in a special crate to protect it, as they did with our paintings. Other stuff was just wrapped exceptionally carefully. Things we did not trust them with we did ourselves.

Archived