Computer Networks & Systems Engineer - 60 Points

james007

Hi

Has anyone been invited with 60 points for 189 visa for this job occupation.

I applied end of July and noticed that other forum users have waited around 5 weeks recently for an invite with 60 points for a 189 visa.

However, I am unsure of their occupations.

I worry that because my occupation is a degree level job the points being invited for this occupation maybe higher than others e.g 65-75 opposed to a trade persons occupation where everyone asking for an invite may have a lower score (60) as they don't need to have a degree to get invited. Hence, a lower invite score needed for that occupation.

So I thought I would ask the question if anyone's been invited on a 189 visa with 60 points for a computer network & systems engineer recently and if so when did they submit EOI?

I know I could apply for a state sponsorship and get a quick invite afterwards but I only have the option with NT & ACT which do not interest me (as I will be moving alone). The job is on VIC state list which I wouldn't mind but ideally I want to move to Brisbane where my friends are.

I have another IELTS test booked so hopefully I can increase my points score that way and get 8 in each component. My last test was a combination of 7.5 to 8.5 in each band. Overall 8.

Thanks again

James

Hi

Has anyone been invited with 60 points for 189 visa for this job occupation.

I applied end of July and noticed that other forum users have waited around 5 weeks recently for an invite with 60 points for a 189 visa.

However, I am unsure of their occupations.

I worry that because my occupation is a degree level job the points being invited for this occupation maybe higher than others e.g 65-75 opposed to a trade persons occupation where everyone asking for an invite may have a lower score (60) as they don't need to have a degree to get invited. Hence, a lower invite score needed for that occupation.

So I thought I would ask the question if anyone's been invited on a 189 visa with 60 points for a computer network & systems engineer recently and if so when did they submit EOI?

I know I could apply for a state sponsorship and get a quick invite afterwards but I only have the option with NT & ACT which do not interest me (as I will be moving alone). The job is on VIC state list which I wouldn't mind but ideally I want to move to Brisbane where my friends are.

I have another IELTS test booked so hopefully I can increase my points score that way and get 8 in each component. My last test was a combination of 7.5 to 8.5 in each band. Overall 8.

Thanks again

James

sorry to bump this. anyone got any thoughts on this?

• 1 year later...

hi James ..guess nobody came back to you on this ..but I was wondering did you make it to Oz based on 60 points for this category ..I'm going for the same with 60 points ...would really appreciate it if you could let me know ..thanks ..John

According to the results of the last several invitation rounds, with 60 points, a 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer can expect to get an invitation in the next invitation round. The occuaption is not close to its occupation ceiling so invitations will continue to be issued - only 2631 Computer Network Professionals has reached its ceiling.

According to the results of the last several invitation rounds, with 60 points, a 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer can expect to get an invitation in the next invitation round. The occuaption is not close to its occupation ceiling so invitations will continue to be issued - only 2631 Computer Network Professionals has reached its ceiling.

sounds positive ..but just wondering why can I not see 263111 listed on the ceiling list on http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx ..

It's there mentioning the major group 2631

ah ok ...I got confused as the name - "2631 Computer Network Professionals" doesn't match with "263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer"

sure it's close alright ..but not exact ..

ok - so ceiling value is 1788 and so far 1058 invites have been issues ...

any idea how many invites per round are issues for "263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer" ???

just good to have an idea on when the ceiling value potentially might be reached

ah ok ...I got confused as the name - "2631 Computer Network Professionals" doesn't match with "263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer"

sure it's close alright ..but not exact ..

ok - so ceiling value is 1788 and so far 1058 invites have been issues ...

any idea how many invites per round are issues for "263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer" ???

just good to have an idea on when the ceiling value potentially might be reached

there is no such statistic readily available, but I saw last time they have givin nearly 55 places for 263111 . I have arrive this figure by comparing last two updates.

When was your EOI effect date ?

there is no such statistic readily available, but I saw last time they have givin nearly 55 places for 263111 . I have arrive this figure by comparing last two updates.

When was your EOI effect date ?

as in when I first created it ? 14th Mar 2014 ...I'm awaiting IELTS results to get me over the line with enough points ...

as in when I first created it ? 14th Mar 2014 ...I'm awaiting IELTS results to get me over the line with enough points ...

When you update your EOI, the EOI effect date will change to the later date but you'll have higher points so your ranking will rise.

I don't know if this would help, but, I got two invitations under the same occupation in the very first invitation round both the times. As the occupation has reached only half of the ceiling, I would say stay positive and hang in there, you would gets yours probably in the upcoming invitation round.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I got 60 points for 189 visa on the occupation 263111. However, I am not sure of whether I should have a migration agent or not. Is it better to have one or can I apply for visa 189 by myself (save money)? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi all, I got 60 points for 189 visa on the occupation 263111. However, I am not sure of whether I should have a migration agent or not. Is it better to have one or can I apply for visa 189 by myself (save money)? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Do it yourself, its not that hard..save £££££

You can choose not to involve a migration agent and do the application by yourself but you need to be VERY sure that you are claiming the correct points. In the last few months on the forum, we've seen several examples of people who have misunderstood their ACS skills assessment advice and have overclaimed points for experience with disastrous consequences. Even if you do the rest of the application by yourself, you should consult a good RMA for advice on your EOI to make sure you only claim points for which you are eligible.

Do it yourself mate. Find as much information as possible on the immigration website and forums like these. Ask questions if you're unsure. That's how I did it. I got my 189 granted in february for the same occupation as you and I did it all by myself. It's pretty rewarding doing it yourself as well but you have to be sure of what you're doing. If you dont have any kids or if you dont claim any points for a spouse it is fairly straightforward.

Hi all, thank you for all your suggestions. Regarding EOI, it's straightforward to wait until the invitation round to see if you get invited; however, after you get the invitation to apply for 189, the time can vary. For example, my friend got PR after she applied just a few weeks after; and thomasvo (a user in this forum), he submitted application on 02 Dec 2014, but was granted visa on 06 Feb 2015. This waiting time can be scary a bit especially when yr current visa is about to expire soon.

Hi all, thank you for all your suggestions. Regarding EOI, it's straightforward to wait until the invitation round to see if you get invited; however, after you get the invitation to apply for 189, the time can vary. For example, my friend got PR after she applied just a few weeks after; and thomasvo (a user in this forum), he submitted application on 02 Dec 2014, but was granted visa on 06 Feb 2015. This waiting time can be scary a bit especially when yr current visa is about to expire soon.

That would surprise me a lot. The usual processing time is around 60 days.

On skillselect, the next invitation round is 24th Apr. However, I have been checking for the last few days, and I haven't seen any invitations yet. I also heard that "invitation rounds are held on the second and fourth Monday of each month", which means the result will be available on 27th of April????? Is this correct? Thank you.

Quite a few people have posted on PIO that they received invitations in the 24 April round.

Invitation rounds recently have been first thing on Friday mornings (ACT time) and invitations are sent immediately. I don't think the date of the next round has been announced yet but the assumption is that it will be on 8 May.

• 1 month later...

finally got my IELTS ...MAN what a test ! (and I'm a native speaker!) ...so now I have my 60 points ..anyone any thoughts on will I be ok for an invite ..seems the ceiling isn't yet reached ..although it's getting close enough !

YOu should be able to get invitation. I already got mail after about one month. Waiting for the result now :-)

thanks for the reply and the hopeful words !!! 1 month isn't so bad ..hope your results come quick and are favourable !

Archived