increase to 457 income threshold

England84

Hi there,

I'm on a 457 visa since 1 year and 9 month. With the new changes to 457 visas I have seen that there is a new income threshold for new 457 visa applicants.

Does this only apply for new visas or does my employer have to increase my income to the new minimum?

My employer says he doesn't have to. I'm just not sure if that is true after what he has done. Here is what happened: When the new changes came in effect my employer automatically increased my income (and all other 457 visas in my company) to the new minimum income and a couple of weeks later they have decreased it back to the old wage.

Is my employer right? Or does he have to increase my income to the new income threshold?

Hi there,

I'm on a 457 visa since 1 year and 9 month. With the new changes to 457 visas I have seen that there is a new income threshold for new 457 visa applicants.

Does this only apply for new visas or does my employer have to increase my income to the new minimum?

My employer says he doesn't have to. I'm just not sure if that is true after what he has done. Here is what happened: When the new changes came in effect my employer automatically increased my income (and all other 457 visas in my company) to the new minimum income and a couple of weeks later they have decreased it back to the old wage.

Is my employer right? Or does he have to increase my income to the new income threshold?

There has been an increase to the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT). This does not automatically mean that your sponsor must raise your salary as their obligations are linked to the Market Rate that would be paid to an equivalent Australian.

Archived