EOI Submission

MatthewTJ

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

My skills assessment authority has discounted my masters degree and only gave me 2 years of relevant work experience. I have just submitted an EOI with a points claim of 75 as in my EOI I claimed for my masters and my 4 other years of work experience. My question is whether I should I have done this? I understand that DIAC can ask for the opinion of my assessing authority and I am worried that they will discount the extra qualification/experience I have claimed for and only see it as, say, 65-70 points and I would have to try to find the extra points from somewhere.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Matthew

I am in the same boat, put thru mine too today, and now i have seen your post I think I have done the same, I have worked as a lecturer/senior lecturer from 2005 which is 8 years next month so I put thru this on the EIO then just now i have checked my vetassess and they have put 'more than three years in the five years prior to application', so I am totally confused! Hope someone replies..Although the 2008 which they have only given me back to does not coincide with my masters or anything significant..

Jo

Unfortunately this is a common enquiry and reason for visa refusal under the Expression of Interest system.

If on lodging the visa you are assessed as not having the same amount of points as claimed in your EOI, the visa application will be refused, even if you still meet the pass mark.

The issue of “equivalent” qualifications and “skilled” employment experience are becoming increasingly problematic with regular changes to assessing criteria as well as Migration Policy.

I went in andupdted my EOI last.night to reflect the lower points for employment i still have 75.

It doesnt help that vetasses is not clear and doesnt operate in points format, crazy when u consider its all part of the same system!

Thanks

It doesnt help that vetasses is not clear and doesnt operate in points format, crazy when u consider its all part of the same system!

Thanks

They are not part of the same system.

Vetassess is an “independent” and “impartial” authority which has simply been nominated as the relevant authority for certain occupations.

Their systems are in no way linked to the Immigration Department systems.

I agree that it is frustrating that the assessment from the relevant Authority nominated by DIAC, does not provide assessment results which are consistent with DIAC requirements.

Archived